A Brief Visit to the West Coast ... of Michigan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Reaction score
My travel schedule for work has put a major damper on my riding this summer. In fact, I didn't even touch the bike between Memorial Day and the July 6th Chicagoland get-together of FJR riders. :glare: The good news, however, is that I've been trying to make up for lost time.

A few saturday mornings ago, the SO and I found ourselves wondering how we would spend our weekend and I suggested a ride. Needing to get back to O'Hare Airport first thing Monday, there was a limit to the number of miles I could do so I let the SO choose between a ride to Wisconsin or Saugatuck, Michigan. Since we have worn much rubber in Wisconsin, she chose Saugatuck and got out the saddlebag liners.

Ozzy wanted to come with us

IMG_0432-1.jpg

Since we slabbed it the entire way, we deserved a treat. So we stopped at the famous Sherman Dairy in South Haven, Michigan (here's the link).

IMG_0433.jpg

I wanted to order the "Pig's Dinner" but knew it would treat me wrong ... so I settled on the "Spaghetti Sundae."

IMG_0434.jpg

You are looking at vanilla ice cream (strained thru a playdoh type thing to create the "noodles") with two chocolate "meatballs," covered in strawberry "marinara" sauce, and sprinkled with white chocolate to emulate parmesan.

Very tasty...

IMG_0441.jpg

Then we rode on and stayed the night in Saugatuck. A bit touristy for my liking ... but the SO enjoyed it (and the dresses she bought).

IMG_0454.jpg

Wife picked this as our next house. I told her to find a sugar-daddy.

IMG_0489.jpg

The next day we visited Saugatuck Dunes State Park and walked the beach.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

We then rode the interstate all the way back to Chicagoland. It was not a good weekend for motorcycling ... but great just to get away and see the SO happy! Sometimes it's not just about the ride.