A camping Trip gone to Hell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$6200 settlement on an '03??? :blink:
Grab the money...run...RUN...RUN FAST!

Now I know why my State Farm payments are so high....their adjusters haven't a clue on the value of 7 year old motorcycles!
An 03 with 80k on the clock no less. Having gotten over the heartache of losing my baby, I am quite happy with the offer. I stripped off my Russell seat, both heat-trollers( and half of the dist block), the Datel meter, and compressor/repair/tool kits. The Russell will be up here on the marketplace shortly.

My premiums weren't bad. I was paying $300 a year for 'everything' with a 100$ deductible. Alot of people told me to raise the deductible to 500 or more to make the insurance way cheap, I'm quite glad I didn't.

I'll continue to pay a little more for the privilege of no hassle claims and excellent payouts.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you get back on a bike soon. I owned a Versys and loved it. Never toured on it but I often thought it would be great for it. Sold it because I rode the FJR more and wanted to simplify moving from NC to UT. I wouldn't recommend the Versys for two up touring.

I still would like to ride with you when I visit the Springs so keep us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for sharing...

it's how we learn something and remind ourselves of reality

wish you well on any decisions needing to be made in the near future

may your health be 100%

let's ride safe everybody and be careful out there,

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Having been involved in three crashes, two with cars, I can attest that they are no fun.

Sorry to hear about your crash. While injuries sound painful, it sounds like you will fully recover. Get better soon.