A.I.R. solenoid wiring help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithB

Reaction score
When pulling the AIR coupling apart, I accidently pulled the wires out of the connector. Since I have a 50-50 chance I put them back in wrong, could someone tell me if this is correct? Here's how they are after I put them in, and the wiring diagram:

Nov132008065s.jpg

Nov132008064s.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Keith.

(Sorry, I put this question in the wrong sub-forum. If someone could move this to the right place, I'd appreciate it... Thanks!)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 2005 non-ABS model. The wires on mine are a different color on the other part of the plug, too, so I can't use them for reference. :(

When pulling the AIR coupling apart, I accidently pulled the wires out of the connector. Since I have a 50-50 chance I put them back in wrong, could someone tell me if this is correct?Keith.

(Sorry, I put this question in the wrong sub-forum. If someone could move this to the right place, I'd appreciate it... Thanks!)
Don't think it makes any difference, it's just a solenoid coil, no sign of suppression diodes, so not polarity concious.

You've stumbled onto one of the real speed secrets concerning this bike. Now that the cats outta the bag, no doubt everyone will be trying it, with mega threads to follow. Whatever you do, don't swap the air filter box TB clamps with the head side manifold clamps-people catch on, the uncontrollable speed crash reports will quadruple.

When pulling the AIR coupling apart, I accidently pulled the wires out of the connector. Since I have a 50-50 chance I put them back in wrong, could someone tell me if this is correct? Here's how they are after I put them in, and the wiring diagram:
Nov132008065s.jpg

Nov132008064s.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Keith.

I agree it makes no difference, but if you show us the open end of the connector, I'll tell you if you put the pins back where they were.

(On the diagram, the connector's key-way is the little triangle shown at the top of the connector.)

Here's pics of the other end.

Red\White always on the left, Red\Brown always on the right.

Nov142008008s.jpg

Nov142008006s.jpg

Nov142008007.jpg

Am I OK or backwards?

Thanks.

Keith.

Just make sure the brown/red wires on both sides of the plug are connected together. The other circuit changes wire colors at the plug connection -- brown connects to red/white.

Nov132008065s.jpg

Red\White always on the left, Red\Brown always on the right.

Nov142008008s.jpg
Based on the above it appears that you got it wrong. The schematic view of the plug connector (bottom oval) is as viewed from the connector end, and shows the R/W wire on the right. You have it on the left. When you look inside the connector you can see the small and large keys that are annotated on the schematic view as the triangular and rectangular keys.

Hey... it was a 50/50 shot. Murphy's law prevails...