A perfect name for the FJR??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"She aint exactly pretty...."?!?!???? :blink:

Exactly which FJR are you referring to?? :angrysmiley:

Around here, that's like telling someone they have an ugly kid! :nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're kidding, right. I figure at least some ancient latin word like "Excelsior". It means "higher". HOw about a Greek mythological figure like "Pegasus", riden by the hero, "Bollerophon", or "Arion", the fastest horse born of the Gods. Have some pride in the name you choose. I got mine picked out for when I buy her and I'm not saying what it is, but it sure the hell is better than Rosie. Might as well call it "Connie".

Sounds good if you have a black 2008 with a bleeding red rose painted on the fairing.

"If you don't handle Rosie with care she will make you bleed"

"If you mess with Rosie you will bleed."

"Rosie likes it Twisty"

Add some more of your own for fun.

Calypso is what I'm going with.

To sail on a dream on a crystal clear ocean

To ride on the crest of a wild raging storm.........

.....Aye, calypso, the places youve been to

The things that youve shown us

The stories you tell

RRA

I hear what you're saying spike but Jackson Browne's song "Rosie" (and, particularly, it being used as a double-entendre) has forever ruined my thoughts when I hear that name! ;)

How about just calling your bike "Frank?" Nah, that would just be weird.

When we use to deer hunt up in Nevada, we carried a 5 gal. bucket with no bottom with a garden hose cut out to trim the top. Used it to do our duties in the woods. Guess what we called her? You guessed it, Rosie. Ah, those were good times....PM. <>< :D

Rosie works for me if you're happy with it. It's YOUR bike, call it what you will. I call my FJR "mine", sometimes because I own it, sometimes because I need one to support my farkling fever, sometimes because my habitual upgrades are like pouring money down an open one.

Thosugh "Rosie" does seem more appropriate for the pinko '07 color. (J/K)

You guys keep bustin' on the name Rosie, and my mommy's gonna come kick your asses, then I'll jimmy kick your sorry carcass when she's done. [kevin meaney] Makin' fun of Rosie... that's just not riiiiiight! [/kevin meaney]

And I concur with Scab. Naming your FJR is definitely hardcore gayness.

Hardcore gayness is being named Timmy. I keep waiting for you to have Lassie take ya to that well. June Lockhart ever catch you two doing, well, you know..........

WOOF!

:p

Hardcore gayness is being named Timmy. I keep waiting for you to have Lassie take ya to that well. June Lockhart ever catch you two doing, well, you know..........

WOOF!

:p
Ooooh, June Lockhart... fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap....

My FJR is named Bernice after an old girl friend that could just ride...and ride...ride...

Oops.

Gotta go now

Last edited by a moderator: