A real GPS deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogey907

Reaction score
https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23569

- Ultra portable PND (portable navigation device) GPS

- Built-in bluetooth wireless, works as a bluetooth handsfree device

- Built-in FM transmitter transmits all sounds (including bluetooth handsfree, music, video and GPS instructions) to your vehicle's stereo system (DX verified working)

- Features rich multimedia features

- 5.0" ultra large vibrant color TFT touch screen LCD

You can even have in-flight movies:

- Playback formats: WMV9, MPEG4, Divx5.0, Xvid, MPEG2, Wmv, asf, AVI, MP4, JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG (JPG images up to 1280 * 960 resolution)

iGo maps? Maybe okay for a car. Doubt it will work too good on a bike. Not many details about the most important thing IE maps.

I did not read much on Igo but no mention of the nav source. Dont know. All I know is you get what you pay for usually.

Waiting for the experts to chime in,...

I just bought a new Nuvi 750 (for $175) and its map doesn't even show the subdivision where my house was built in 2004, so I'd say even Garmin mapping leaves a bit to be desired.

I just posted this in case somebody wanted a cheap option. You guys lack the curiosity of a true tech geek. :hyper:

And I've run non-waterproof units on my bike for years. Never had a problem, but if I did I can buy about three replacements for the cost of a "motorcycle friendly" unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a new Nuvi 750 (for $175) and its map doesn't even show the subdivision where my house was built in 2004, so I'd say even Garmin mapping leaves a bit to be desired.
I just bought a new Nuvi for the wife and it also was missing some new local roads. I don't recall seeing it in the instructions, but a friend told me to download a new map for free from Garmin. Apparantly you get one free download on a new unit. In my case, that fixed the missing road problem.

Windows CE support is available from a little company you may have heard of - "MicroSoft"

https://support.microsoft.com/ph/3100

I'm pretty sure they do speak English.

And here's the support forum for that device on the DX website:

https://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/Forum.23569

As for the unit itself, it's cheap enough to toss and replace with the newer, faster, lighter, shinier, new model with all the new features that will cost even less in a year or so. Electronics are expendable items, not investments.

O.K. Geeeeek!

When will they interface the internet on these things. It would be nice to check email and do a google search for the nearest Yamaha Stealer.

Remember you heard the Idea here first! So microsoft can send me the Royalty's.