A visit with FJRay and his lovely wife Patti

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saturday 10/8/11 I started out for Utah to meet up with forum members. I went over the Crater Lake (Oregon) pass in 35 degree temperatures and on to La Pine to visit with Ray and Patti.

Patti showed off her new-to-her HD Sportster 1200. She had just finished polishing the handsome motorsickle:

051.jpg

Ray has an enviable shop and even more enviable knowledge of wrenching! Ray opined my rear tire wouldn't make the 3000 miles to Utah and back. He offered graciously to mount a neatly patched PR2 with less than 200 miles on it! After I said I didn't think he was big enough to mount a hole that big, he straightened me out.

Here he sends a message to all FJRforum members as he channeled TwoWheelNut:

053.jpg

A wonderful guy, Ray has a terrific, cartoonish sense of humor, even as he balances my new-to-me tire:

054-1.jpg

We had a fun couple hours talking about family, motos and rides, then my eyes wandered. Oh my God! I couldn't resist:

056.jpg

:wub:

After a necessary period to recover from my good fortune, I offered to buy a replacement tire on my return for the favor of a worry-free rear tire and free mounting service (hmmmmm, memories!), then motored on to Burns for the night.

many thanks to Patti, Ray and the girls.

It's really odd, I thought of you and Ray today. Rode past a little herd of goats and I immediatly thought of you. :lol:

It's great having buddies that will help you out with tires and maintenance. Kindness will come back to him.

It's funny to see someone who thinks goats are as hilarious as my wife does. (Save your beastiality comments for Friday). Mentally, they're about as sharp as a fuzzy new tennis ball, but they sure do a lot of funny things.

It's great having buddies that will help you out with tires and maintenance. Kindness will come back to him.
Yes it is.

(Save your beastiality comments for Friday).
Thanks for the suggestion, but you are allowed to attempt humor 7 days a week.

Mentally, they're about as sharp as a fuzzy new tennis ball, but they sure do a lot of funny things.
Yup. I have owned them.

Shiney,

Starting the afternoon of my return from the southern Utah trip I had volunteered to feed three different neighbors animals, through yesterday. The animals consisted of horses, dogs, cats, turkeys, chickens, and 3 GOATS!!!

I didn't even think about pictures...............Next time, I promise!

Sorry,

Saturday 10/8/11 I started out for Utah to meet up with forum members. I went over the Crater Lake (Oregon) pass in 35 degree temperatures and on to La Pine to visit with Ray and Patti.

Patti showed off her new-to-her HD Sportster 1200. She had just finished polishing the handsome motorsickle:

051.jpg

Ray has an enviable shop and even more enviable knowledge of wrenching! Ray opined my rear tire wouldn't make the 3000 miles to Utah and back. He offered graciously to mount a neatly patched PR2 with less than 200 miles on it! After I said I didn't think he was big enough to mount a hole that big, he straightened me out.

Here he sends a message to all FJRforum members as he channeled TwoWheelNut:

053.jpg

A wonderful guy, Ray has a terrific, cartoonish sense of humor, even as he balances my new-to-me tire:

054-1.jpg

We had a fun couple hours talking about family, motos and rides, then my eyes wandered. Oh my God! I couldn't resist:

056.jpg

:wub:

After a necessary period to recover from my good fortune, I offered to buy a replacement tire on my return for the favor of a worry-free rear tire and free mounting service (hmmmmm, memories!), then motored on to Burns for the night.

many thanks to Patti, Ray and the girls.

In the interest of full disclosure, the white goat in the picture is a guy. There were some rather strange noises coming out of the barn but they were all smiling when they came out and Mike was exhausted. :rolleyes:

In the interest of full disclosure, the white goat in the picture is a guy. There were some rather strange noises coming out of the barn but they were all smiling when they came out and Mike was exhausted. :rolleyes:
So Ray -- you got Shiny in the door with the free tire and labor. But what everyone on the board is wondering is what did you charge him for the goat sex? The natural assumption is that you were able to make your labor back (and then some) on the smorgasboard it appears you offered the weak willed SPU.

So Ray -- you got Shiny in the door with the free tire and labor. But what everyone on the board is wondering is what did you charge him for the goat sex? The natural assumption is that you were able to make your labor back (and then some) on the smorgasboard it appears you offered the weak willed SPU.
In the picture you only see two of seven goats so he had his hands full so to speak. As far as the fee, my pension plan is looking much better and I'm sure there will be a return trip :yahoo:

In the picture you only see two of seven goats so he had his hands full so to speak. As far as the fee, my pension plan is looking much better and I'm sure there will be a return trip :yahoo:
All I can say is I'm broke and accepting donations. :unsure:

+100. The world needs.... Maybe not so many goats
Fewer goats? Bite your tongue!

Last edited by a moderator: