Added a new to me 2016 FJR1300A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mossyrocks13k

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Added a new to me 2016 FJR1300A. Will replace my 2007 with 118K. Looking for Mr. Shan from NY, just have some questions on maintenance and recalls.

uSRVlxL.jpg

Congratulations! I've had my 2016 for a couple of years now. The love affair is still alive! Enjoy your beautiful new (to you) beast.

I think you can run your VIN thru the NHSTA site and see if the recalls were completed.
I thought the NHTSA site would tell you what recalls were required based upon VIN or model ID but I don't think they track which recalls were actually completed on an individual bike. Yamaha should be able to look that up based upon submissions made by authorized service centers.

Last edited:
I love my 2016A. I picked it up in Jefferson City, MO in 2019 with "0" miles on the clock. I'm planning on taking it on a long trip in March, first since I bought it and rode it back to San Diego. Had a 2006AE prior to this with a little over 100K then made the mistake of going to an FZ8 for a couple of years.

My 2016 FJR already came with Ivan's flash so I can't compare it to a stock '16 without it.
Being able to use the cruise at ANY gear, at ANY speed is stupid fun. I sometimes cruise at 5mph just because I can.
Granted.... I did buy the first FJR to ever get flashed.... bought Ivan's very own 2016

Being able to use the cruise at ANY gear, at ANY speed is stupid fun. I sometimes cruise at 5mph just because I can.

I think that's a bene that's often overlooked. After having some fun on good roads and then pulling into a small township where the speed limit drops drastically it's not a bad idea to set the cruise to that 25 or 35 mph limit as you pass through. Easy way to save some $$ possibly.