Added another bike to the Stable

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
Say hello to my new (to me) 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour! I know this is blasphemy to even think of me getting a Cruiser, But it happened! And i have to say, This is one NICE machine! It's no FJR, That's for damn sure, But it rides so nice and smooth.

I plan on keeping the FJR for spirited rides in the mountains, But the Vic will become the primary ride for now. I needed a change of pace. These Arizona desert roads completely SUCK on the FJR. NO twisty roads for 100 miles! That sucked the fun completely out of riding it.

Let the flogging begin!

20150425_110920_zpsh5pyb4xw.jpg

This is last saturday evening after riding though the insane rain from Laughlin to Vegas... Great protection from the elements

20150425_185601_zpsfsijsotn.jpg

Why would anyone flog you? What ever floats your boat I say!

Did you even get wet while riding in the rain?

Not bad looking ride.

As far as I am concerned, it doesn't matter what you choose to ride.

The point is that you are riding and that's all that matters.

Good luck with your new steed.
coolsmiley02.gif

I don't know much about the Victory. Is the motor counter-balanced? Cruise control? Fuel mileage? Fuel tank size? How heavy is the bike and more importantly, how heavy does it feel?

The rake/trail doesn't look too bad. In fact to me, the ergos look pretty neutral for a cruiser.

Good job Adam. If I were looking for a cruiser the Victory would be it. I have a customer with four of them so I don't need to own one to ride one.

You do realize that you have to park out back with the wings and other assorted low life's
smile.png

I don't know much about the Victory. Is the motor counter-balanced? Cruise control? Fuel mileage? Fuel tank size? How heavy is the bike and more importantly, how heavy does it feel?
The rake/trail doesn't look too bad. In fact to me, the ergos look pretty neutral for a cruiser.
It's a 50° V-Twin 106 Cubic Inch (1731cc) which is balanced very well. It does not shake itself to death like a harley at idle.

Standard Cruise Control.

About 44mpg with cruise set at 70mph

5.8 gallons

Standard non linked ABS

Rocking stereo with for speakers

This thing is a heavy beast! it weighs in about 900 wet, and slow speed maneuvers are tricky. When underway, It handles like a dream and corners very well for a bike this size.

This thing has so much more storage than the FJR does also! These bags are enormous!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ride! I split my time between my FJR and M109R. Both bike are so different I really enjoy them both. Couldn't see having just one bike.

I was just went through Kingman last Sat/Sun on my trip to Vegas. It was cold going through on Sat. But yeah, no curves lol.

Ask the guys who rode CO with AZBeemers two years ago how well the VIC handles corners. My son had his brand new Cross-Country Limited and rode the shit out of that thing. Easily kept up with everyone else. He still loves it to this day. You will too. Enjoy!

LOVE THE PAINT. Not a fan of V-Twins but at least it is not air cooled and carbs. That would make me frown.