Adventure Series

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch.....my bones ache just watching that

weirdsmiley.gif

What vintage Goldwing - GL1100?

Don't think you would make it on the GL1800.

The guy riding that trail in a blue t-shirt - damn! Not a run to Dairy Queen.

The old Vetter fairings were the icing on the cake. Probably reinforced already, if not they'll soon need to. Have repaired many, they tended to break just ahead of the front mounting deck. Imagine you just conquered that trail on your hotshot dirt bike while wearing expensive riding gear. Barely had time to bask in your manliness when some vintage Gold Wing deckers show up piloted by T-shirted riders. Too funny. They did miss one opportunity - should have been playing Ride of the Valkyries on their tape decks.

What's so hard about this - how is it different than an old man on a R1200GS ?
It's mainly different from the ones that never leave the pavement. Which is what, 99% of them?
smile.png
7km of dirt road between me and the pavement. Can't count the number of times it's been suggested I need an "adventure" bike. Have had pickup owners that didn't want to visit on account of getting their trucks dusty. Eventually some adventure guy is going to say the same thing. Then I will pounce.
hehe.gif

Also found this on the Dos Honduros YouTube site:

THANKS, CanadianFJR! Inspiration to find chunky dirt tires for my FJR, and (maybe) ride it to Atlanta, Idaho.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FJR Adventure series can do that. NSrider and I followed CanadianFJR on some absolutely brutal roads.

I took Tammy on the Moki Dugway on the GL1800 a few years ago and almost have never recovered from that. Think I should show her this and tell her it's one of the planned rides for SFO?

I took Tammy on the Moki Dugway on the GL1800 a few years ago and almost have never recovered from that. Think I should show her this and tell her it's one of the planned rides for SFO?
Yes. Please have someone video it and post it here. You probably won't be in any shape to post for a while after that.

Latest posts