AE Clutch Problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob R

Reaction score
Having previous problem with the bike in neutral and shifting into 1st the bike would stall. This was an intermittant problem. Problem seemed to happen less often after bleeding the clutch fluid twice, however I never did remove the rear wheel to actuate the small lever as stated in the SM. I really don't want to remove rear wheel untill I need new rubber. Has anyone found a way to access this lever without removing wheel? I also wonder if doing the clutch plates soak would help. 2006 AE with 22K miles

Rob R

Having previous problem with the bike in neutral and shifting into 1st the bike would stall. This was an intermittant problem. Problem seemed to happen less often after bleeding the clutch fluid twice, however I never did remove the rear wheel to actuate the small lever as stated in the SM. I really don't want to remove rear wheel untill I need new rubber. Has anyone found a way to access this lever without removing wheel? I also wonder if doing the clutch plates soak would help. 2006 AE with 22K miles
Rob R
What is your idle rpm? Perhaps turning it up alittle (staying in the factory recommed rpm range), might help.