Aerostich Competitor?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I was looking though posts on the Sport-Touring forum, and found on on this suit. Looks pretty nice, and is supposed to be more water resistant than the Aerostich. Anybody own one, or even seen one in real life? Not cheap, that is for sure, but once you have made the jump to the money for an Aerostich, how much further are you willing to go?

https://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/infinity/

Definately more stylish than a 'stich, IMO.
without checking the posted link, i think it's safe to say that andy goldfine wasn't going for style when he started making 'stich suits.

EDIT

now that i've checked the link, i'm all for them selling them here in the u.s. if it forces aerostich to improve their suit even more to compete with up-and-comers, i'm all for that. i'm sure there's something that can be improved on the suit, other than installing a 6-ounce air conditioning unit. ( :

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure looks like a stich to me........

Why would you buy a product from overseas when you can have the suit that started it all?????????????????????????

Dana

MArk Ward has rev it gear, he was at EOM 05, then got rid of his 05, I think he got an 06,, I do not know if he is still a member or not.

If you look through the for sale stuff, he was selling a comm system last year and you may find him and then be able to pm him about there gear...

Hth's;

Mike

Why would you buy a product from overseas when you can have the suit that started it all?????????????????????????

Dana
Becasue the suit that started it all hasn't changed, since it started it all. Don't get me wrong, I love my Stich, but I think there is room for updates. What is Aerostich's modivation to upgrade their suit unless they have some competition to drive them to do so. I think this suit could be the competition Aerostich needs to drive them. Just my $0.02

Dana
Becasue the suit that started it all hasn't changed, since it started it all. Don't get me wrong, I love my Stich, but I think there is room for updates. What is Aerostich's modivation to upgrade their suit unless they have some competition to drive them to do so. I think this suit could be the competition Aerostich needs to drive them. Just my $0.02
yep. i've been waiting for someone to "copy" the 'stich, without copying it, and start selling it here, so that ridewearhouse would wake up and make a great suit even better. maybe this will be it.

I was looking though posts on the Sport-Touring forum, and found on on this suit. Looks pretty nice, and is supposed to be more water resistant than the Aerostich. Anybody own one, or even seen one in real life? Not cheap, that is for sure, but once you have made the jump to the money for an Aerostich, how much further are you willing to go?
Check this one out for about 1/2 the money and sporty looking too :yahoo:

https://www.olympiamotosports.com/phantom/Phantom.htm

The Olympia is interesting, but no full lenght zippers would be a killer for me. I wear my work clothes under my Stich, so the suit has to be EXTREMELY quick and easy to get in and out of.

The olympia even has articulating back protector inside.

Looks like nice stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked at this hard when I got my latest stich ..but didn't want to wait for it. It's release keeps getting pushed back.

Also,

- It is more $ than the stich (however by the time you get your stich custom done it is likely pretty close)

- No custom sizes from the manuf ..so you're paying 1K+ for an off/shelf size

- Unproven, granted it looks like it might be the cat's meow ...but I like my aero stuff and trust it.

- No offense meant to our friends over the pond, but often their stuff is not designed for hot weather. Their hot weather is not our hot weather and when you're on a long trip in the south the ventilation may not be what we get out of a 'stich. Pure speculation, but other euro gear doesn't vent all that well IMO.

sure look forward to seeing some real-world ride reports on this. And let's hope i's release date does get pushed back yet again.

May I humbly recommend some related reading on all these suits:

My detailed review and comparison of the my Oly Phantom vs. my old 1 Pc 'Stich here

Another thread with more here

FWIW, the Rev'It suit looks to be a really nice piece of gear. It's just not worth that much more to me especially given how much I love the Phantom.

The Olympia is interesting, but no full lenght zippers would be a killer for me. I wear my work clothes under my Stich, so the suit has to be EXTREMELY quick and easy to get in and out of.
This was my biggest concern. Turned out to be a non-issue for me. The Phantom's certainly not on/off in 10 sec. but it can be done in 30 sec. and that's a fair tradeoff for no more soggy crotch.

May I humbly recommend some related reading on all these suits:
My detailed review and comparison of the my Oly Phantom vs. my old 1 Pc 'Stich here

Another thread with more here

FWIW, the Rev'It suit looks to be a really nice piece of gear. It's just not worth that much more to me especially given how much I love the Phantom.

This was my biggest concern. Turned out to be a non-issue for me. The Phantom's certainly not on/off in 10 sec. but it can be done in 30 sec. and that's a fair tradeoff for no more soggy crotch.
Nice bit of chatter about these suits. I think that we may have to add this to the never ending threads like oil, tires, etc. :blink: Thanks for the links to so many more opinions.

This gives a nice review and a flash player of someone putting the suit in to give you an idea of how easy or difficult it is....depending on your dressing skills :rolleyes:

https://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/olympia-moto-sports/phantom/

Looks cool, and I'm sure they will sell if they hit the price point.

-- But I still need a custom fit (and I live in MN so It's easy to get up there)

-- Hope you can get something else other than that light grey

-- I'd be really interested to see one in person.

-bvw.

Check this one out for about 1/2 the money and sporty looking too :yahoo:

https://www.olympiamotosports.com/phantom/Phantom.htm
if it's the same olympia that makes gloves, i wouldn't want to trust my skin in it, i don't trust my hands in their gloves, they weren't very well made when i tried them back in '97.