Aerostich Roadcrafter Suite

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staledonut

Reaction score
I'm finding myself drawn to the Aerostich Roadcrafter for its chick-magnet styling and for the brutal winters we have here in California.

For those that have one and are close to my dimensions (6.0', ~185lbs), does it fit in a FJR's saddlebag? I prefer leaving all my ridding gear in the bike and stepping into work in civilian garb. Thanks.

My bet is that it will fit if you really are careful how you fold it - you may need a compression strap or something like this to get it cinched up enough to fit. The pads are the problem.

I have a two piece and getting either the top or bottom in one side is pretty easy. The only time I tried to get both in on side didn't work, but I didn't try super hard and a two-piece has more material that a single piece.

- Mark

The back protector is the largest solid piece of foam with a plastic spine. It's velcroed on as are the hip pads, so if you are willing to remove and reattach it I'm pretty sure you could fold it into a top case. The back protector MIGHT be a bit too long, though. :unsure:

P.S. I had to send my roadcrafter (size 48) back for alterations(pads removed).

It rolls up into a pretty compact roll without the foam.

No, it will not fit. I'm 6'2", 200. with roadcrafter and optional hip and back pads.

It will fit in a Givi E52 trunk without trying too hard, but that's 52 liters vs. 33. I can also fit gloves and one boot (not both) in the E52 w/ suit

I will say the suit is probably the best investment I've made with respect to riding gear!!!

I'm 6'2" and 200 too. I don't have the extra protectors - just the knee/elbow pads that come with the one piece. I once jammed it in the saddle bag and I think thats why it leaks now :blink:

No, it will not fit.  I'm 6'2", 200. with roadcrafter  and optional hip and back pads.
It will fit in a Givi E52 trunk without trying too hard, but that's 52 liters vs. 33. I can also fit gloves and one boot (not both) in the E52 w/ suit

I will say the suit is probably the best investment I've made with respect  to riding gear!!!
Actually, it will fit.

I'm 6'-2" as well and I have a one piece "50" long and it fits.

It works best if I put it into one the bag liners and then put it in the side case. It's a little tight, but I have never has a issue with closing the case or my bags leaking because of it.

I roll the stitch into a bundle as it seems to pack better into the bag liner and then the side case... YMMV.

Edit: this was actually one of my criteria's that had to be met to make me want to buy this bike, I wanted to be able to fit the roadcrafter in one side case and my helmet into the other...

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for all the feedback. I've resigned myself to the possibility that a Roadcrafter, at least the one piece, ain't gonna fit into a saddlebag without a production. I've also got a Givi V46, but wanted to retain its use for my book bag, but I can evict it and just schlep it when off the bike. It's nice being able to fit all gear (helmet, boots, summer mesh gear, and bag), in the on-board storage however.

Maybe I'll just go back to the ski jacket from my foolish years that I wore when it was cool. It compressed to near nothing. Now I cringe when seeing riders without proper gear.

Now, what colors to choose for the RC. Hmm. There's some hideous possibilities. Oh wait, I'm not out there for looks, but if I get attention 'cause I look ugly I guess it's for the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, what colors to choose for the RC. Hmm. There's some hideous possibilities. Oh wait, I'm not out there for looks, but if I get attention 'cause I look ugly I guess it's for the better.
I myself won't buy another hi-viz. My next one will probably be blue with black or grey- and if I want visibility, I'll just wear a vest over it.