After Service Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
So who is up for riding home the long way Sunday morning.

Here what i was thinking. (maybe someone can post this in map form GARY)

101 to 150 to Ojai, 133 north to Lockwood valley road, take a right and head to Frazier park. This was the part of the memorial ride that we removed as it would have taken too long.

We then take the 5 south to 138 east. Looks like about 2 miles to Ridge route road (right turn) This then turns into Pine Canyon rd, we take this all the way to Lake Hughes where we can have lunch at the Rock Inn.....

After lunch we take Elizabeth Lake rd to San Francisquito canyon Rd (Right) to Spunky Canyon Rd (left) to Bouquet Canyon Rd (Right) to Vasquez Canyon rd (Left) Then a right on Sierra Hwy and a quick left on Sand Canyon rd, this will take us across the 14 freeway and will turn into Little Tujunga Canyon Road and take us all the way to the 210 (Foothill freeway).

From here you can find your own way home.....

I think i saw a similar route posted on another thread some time back but i could not find it again.

Anyway this might be a hard read but hopefully someone will map it for me. It really is not as far as it sounds and is a whole lot of fun.

Barry (Barabus) and I have run this several times and it is a blast.

Any takers?

R

I am gonna play with mapsource .

Last edited by a moderator:
We then take the 5 south to 138 east. Looks like about 2 miles to Ridge route road (right turn) RI am gonna play with mapsource .
Richard, there's a side road that'll keep you off the 5, even though it's only 8 miles. Beats the slab, big time!

Turn right on Frazier Mt. Pk. Rd. at the 4-way stop just prior to the I-5 on ramp. The road runs parallel to the freeway, to Gorman. Cross over the freeway to the east side at Gorman and take Gorman Post Rd over to 138. 2.6 miles east to Old Ridge Rt Rd.

Cheers

We then take the 5 south to 138 east. Looks like about 2 miles to Ridge route road (right turn) RI am gonna play with mapsource .
Richard, there's a side road that'll keep you off the 5, even though it's only 8 miles. Beats the slab, big time!

Turn right on Frazier Mt. Pk. Rd. at the 4-way stop just prior to the I-5 on ramp. The road runs parallel to the freeway, to Gorman. Cross over the freeway to the east side at Gorman and take Gorman Post Rd over to 138. 2.6 miles east to Old Ridge Rt Rd.

Cheers
How about this route?

Google map

Cheers
How about this route?

Google map
thats the one.......

So who's going?

Also i think you will find Hwy 2 is still closed about 12 miles past the restaurant.

R

That looks like fun, I'm in.

ynotride I may have to follow you unless Fairlaner leaves a trail of bread crumbs for us to follow. :lol:

I'll take the point with the Casper the Camper leading the way at 45 mph.

Ya'll have to stay behind me or get paint gun shot at!

That looks like fun, I'm in.
ynotride I may have to follow you unless Fairlaner leaves a trail of bread crumbs for us to follow. :lol:
I will be taking it easy I will even volunteer to be tail gunner. My wife doesnt like the twisties and gets real nervous when I start to push it to much.

I've already ridden this route twice in the past few months and both times it has been at ludacris speed :rolleyes: . I am actually looking forward to taking it easy and enjoying the scenery.