Air Compressor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sears Craftsman 30 gal. upright, 6 hp motor. With tools, about $300. 5 years, no problems. And, although it has wheels, it's a bit too large for the neighbors to want to borrow!

Sears Craftsman 30 gal. upright, 6 hp motor. With tools, about $300. 5 years, no problems. And, although it has wheels, it's a bit too large for the neighbors to want to borrow!
I have the same one as phil above. Its nice to be able to wheel it around a bit and it stores well being upright. I use it alot with air tools.

One comment on the tools, I bought a set for about $60 that had 4 tools and accessories. The run of the mill impact wrench wasn't torquey enough to break loose many auto and truck lug nuts so I picked up one that has about 450 ft lbs. The cheap ones have around 230. The new one does the trick.

The cheap one didn't run well in a cold garage either, had to bring it in near the wood stove for a while before using it. :cold:

Sears had the 26gal on sale this weekend. With tools and sales tax, ~$300. Probably overkill for what I'm going to be doing, but if I'd bought the smaller 17 gal+ tools and accessories, it would have priced out almost the same.

The only thing they don't include is tool oil (no comments, please!) which I thought was strange.