Air flow sensor test

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No love on the vacuum pump, however I did find the test procedures for the various sensors in the manual.

The MAP sensor passes the voltage test just fine at 4.09 volts. The air temp sensor fails miserably tho. It reads no contact at 80 C. It should read 290-390 ohms at 80 C. Guess I'm ordering a new sensor from Bike Bandit. I'll let ya all know how it turns out after the new sensor shows up.

Do we know if a reading of 94 and 101 is correct for your map sensor?

Post #4 states 80-83kilopascals KOEO = 25"hg

94mmhg = 3.7"hg and 101mmhg = 3.976"hg so the change at the map sensor was less than 3"hg.
Yep, post 4 was from me. If Silent is near sea level, then a DIAG value of 101 is correct. Manual states idle vacuum for the FJR is pretty low, only 9.8 inHg (or 250 mmHg) and I wouldn't expect the RPM generated by the starter motor to pull that much, so 3" of vacuum change sounds good to me.

Ah cool, just saw you post about the intake air temp sensor. There's a code for that in DIAG ya know; #5. Curious what reading it's showing

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah cool, just saw you post about the intake air temp sensor. There's a code for that in DIAG ya know; #5. Curious what reading it's showing
diAG 5 is 55. Ambient temp is 39 currently. And yes, I'm at 39' above sea level.

Fail.

Installed the new Thermosensor assembly, and the bike is still acting the same. I don't know where to look next.

The new sensor came in and was installed. The bike is still having issues. I even swapped out the ECU again, and still no love. I'm starting to think it might be time to sell
not_i.gif

I can only think of 2 other things I have seen act up when hot. (based on years of automotive repair)

Fuel pump... can you ride with a gauge connected?

Wiring....resistance at a connector pin likely.