Air Pressure Gauge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edocar

Reaction score
I am in the habit of checking the air pressure in my Avons once a week so that I can get the most wear out of them. The 36 lbs of air pressure in front/rear is what I found to work best for me (185 lbs). The air pressure gauge I use is the standard front shirt pocket type (it looks like a long chromed round pencil) but lately I am having problems fitting it directly to the tire stem because of the disc rotors are in the way and I am not as limber as I used to be. What I have done in teh past is to line up the gauge so it is parallel with the center of the rim and that seems to work out most of the time on the 3rd-5th time so it is time consuming and I want to more readily check the air pressure and get a reliable reading as well on the first or second try. Does anyone have a recommendation for a better air gauge for the FJR?

A friend installed a pair of These on a Goldwing & seems to really like them. I'm thinking perhaps my next new set of tires I will install them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend installed a pair of These on a Goldwing & seems to really like them. I'm thinking perhaps my next new set of tires I will install them.
Another cool yet costly farkle for the FJR.... anyone notice the dash photo in thier bike section next to the "Maximize Performance" area! :clap:

What does everybody think of a GROUP BUY on one of these?

I will try to run one if enough people are interested. Lemme know!

-BD

I've used an Accugage brand gauge for years; dial-type, accurate, has a bleed off valve. They make one for bikes that I also have where the fitting on the end is 90 degrees; thus you can get it by the rotors. See below.

Accugage

One of the very best farkles I put on my bike was the 90 degree angle valve stem. It was the end to all my miseries of getting air into the tire. They are a bit pricey but very well machined and worth every dollar. They are very light weight and have no effect on tire balance, or the same as a stock stem would have. Get them....you'll be glad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on installing the SmarTire on my next tire change. I check my pressures daily and this to me is one of the most basic preflight checks go with.

To be able to monitor on the fly.....bloody wonderful. I'm in for a group buy for sure.

One of the very best farkles I put on my bike was the 90 degree angle valve stem. It was the end to all my miseries of getting air into the tire. They are a bit pricey but very well machined and worth every dollar. They are very light weight and have no effect on tire balance, or the same as a stock stem would have. Get them....you'll be glad.
Where do you find them?

There are some 90deg valve stems that you should absolutely stay away from due to potential rapid air loss. Except I don't know which type. Though I would be in for a safe set when someone points me to them.

I'll dig up the info for you guys on the 90 degree valve stems I am using. They have a great reputation for reliability. I've had no trouble in over 9,000 miles in using them. They're not inexpensive but they're worth a fortune for all the agrevation they save you.

Latest posts