Airbox drain

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
There is a drain line coming from the front lower part of my airbox. Where should this line be routed? I thought maybe in the same holder on the right hand side near the centerstand where the fuel tank lines run. Can someone please confirm?

Canadian FJR

Um cmon Scott! out the bottom anywhere. There is no wrong spot as long as it can drain out.

Rob

C'mon guys, you know how Scott is. Fastidious is the word! Just running that hose any old place will not do.

Here ya go, Scotty. There is a diagram in the cable routing section of the FSM that shows the correct path for that hose.

It is #6 in this diagram. By the way, this view is looking from the left side of the bike.

AirFilterBreatherHose.jpg

Perfect, same route as the two lines coming from the tank. Thanks Fred. And Rob, I hope you get hemroids on your little cross country ride.

Has anyone ever cleaned/drained out the little platic container in the middle of the line?

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there crud or water collecting in the air box? I check the airbox alot because one spring I looked when I got the bike out of storage the airbox was full of seeds! It looked like a mouse was using it as a winter home.

Airbox is fine, just did the winter clean and check. The tube was blocked from a combination of filter oil, moisture and dust I suspect. Canadian FJR
A fine dusting of crud in the airbox is one reason I switched back to the OEM filter from a K&N (it was on the bike when I bought it). Airbox stays much cleaner since I did that. Although I can't prove it, I think the OEM filter is a better collector of fine particulates. If that stuff is on the outside of the filter, at least some of this is making it to the throttle bodies and the engine itself.