Am looking at a 2007 Why no Side Cases?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DASFJR

Reaction score
Hi:

I am looking at a 2007 A.

22k Miles - seems very clean from the pics. Going to see it.

Seller is 3rd owner who states he has put about 9k miles on it and done nothing except but tires and oil change.

It is fairly priced EXCEPT it is lacking the side cases. Seller states he bought it this way.

Why no side cases? Is there a reasonable explanation other than a crash and inability to replace the broken case(s)?

What is the easiest way to tell if it is bent? How much should I budget for side cases?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Also, sorry, this is the 3rd time I have typed this. Previous attempts have produce a "driver error" and inability to open the post.

All yall are the best!

side cases also fit fj-09.

Someone might have used them that way,

OEM side cases are a bit pricey.

Soft bags are possible option.

Maybe a previous owner didn't use the side cases so he sold them. Or, maybe they were damaged or lost. In any case, the price should reflect the lack of side cases. In the US the cases came with liner bags so the price should also cover the lack of bag liners. I don't know the value of the cases and liners, but you might find a pair listed for sale somewhere to see what they are worth.

Well .... $9.99 invested for a VIN check shows some disappointing information. It was in pieces June of 2011. My search for a FJR continues.....

JUNK / SALVAGE / INSURANCE RECORDSSource: NMVTIS
This section lists junk, salvage, and insurance records (if any).

Date Reporting Entity Details 2011-07-06 Copart, Inc.
Fairfield, California
Phone: 7076395294 Damage Type: Junk And Salvage
Disposition: TO BE DETERMINED
Intended for Export: N 2011-07-06 Copart, Inc.
Fairfield, California
Phone: 7076395294 Damage Type: Junk And Salvage
Disposition: SOLD
Intended for Export: Y 2011-06-17 AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE CO
MADISON, Wisconsin
Phone: 6082492111 Damage Type: Insurers

Good info to find!

I bought a 2006 that I knew was salvaged and re-built by a Yamaha dealer. Was fully re-certified by MOT.

Been riding it for quite some time and many kms.

After getting deep into some servicing, I did notice a few minor mis alignments with the fairing and figure the plastic was damaged enough for the insurance company to write it off.

No other indications of the crash and no mechanical issues at all.

That said, it would have be "no deal" without side bags!

Latest posts