Amegn Tour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
I don't how many of you, if any, are into bicycle racing. I spent the day in Escondido watching them leave and roll back in. It was awesome! Being an avid cyclist, seeing this made me wish I could have been a pro riders. Those guys are tue athletes.

I used to live in Ventura County and biked some of the roads the Tour has taken. I had struggled twice up Balcom Cyn and was stunned by how easily the Tour riders climbed that route.

A Pro bike race is a thing of beauty to watch for sure.

Stage 2 with 112 degree temps and then that gawd-awful climb to the finish on that 22 percent grade was just evil!!

So many shattered faces as they barely made it across the line before collapsing.. Man, my legs cramped just watching it..

I was in Escondido as well with the whole family. We also watched the depart and return [were at the Finish line at approx 150m mark (south side) in shade ;^)]

The family enjoyed being by the team buses watching interviews, meeting Bob Roll and Chris Horner (who lives in San Diego), etc.

Co-worker watched stage 2 and told me about the guys just collapsing at the end. TV reporting next said somethign like close to 40 riders (?? or some larger number) ended up going to the hospital to get IVs to rehydrate. I enjoy a 60 mile bike ride, but a 100+ mile ride at twice the speed, road temps approaching 120 degrees - no thanks.