Andrew Knight Symbology

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Like the majority of FJRForum members, I find I no longer have the opportunity to make it down to Fair Oaks, CA for the Andrew's Celebration of Life service.

Which is really, REALLY bumming me out. Badly. I'm betting there are a whole lot of you who probably feel similar. So. Let's change our perspective.

We can still all attend. ALL OF US. If will be symbolic, but at the same time, very, very real. For the typical 9-5 worker, it involves riding your FJR to work tomorrow (so obviously, you will have all your riding gear on). And bring your digital camera.

Here is The Plan:

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

1) At approximately 1:55 pm PST (2:55pm MST, 3:55pm CST, etc) Monday, November 19, 2007, go out to the parking lot next to your FJR.

2) Temporarily place your helmet on the right mirror stalk. Stand next to it. Face the camera.

3) With your riding gloves on your hands, make two fists and and place them together in front of your heart, such that the knuckles are flush against each other.

4) Now extend both thumbs upright (as in "thumbs up"). Have your buddy snap off a photo of you.

5) At precisely 2:00 PST (or 3pm MST, 4pm CST, etc), strap that helmet on. Start the FJR. Ride.

6) It doesn't matter where you ride. Or how far you ride. Only that you do ride, and at that very moment.

7) If we all do this - all of us - you will be able to Feel the Energy at 2pm PST. All of those present in Fair Oaks will also feel us. And you know Andrew will be feelin' us, looking down with that ginormous grin he always presented to his friends. Think of Andrew at this time. But watch the road, please.

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

Upon your return, SEND THAT PHOTO TO ME! Or you can post it here in this thread, and I'll pull it down that way. I will assemble the photos on a web page and send the link to Andrew's family. There are several thousand members of this forum. Even if only several hundred of us take this photo, think of the positive impact it will have on Andrew's children and family.

BTW..... the knuckles together, "thumbs up" symbology is a routine Naval Aviation gesture, made to the pilot of the aircraft that he is ready to be launched off the deck and fly off into the heavens.

You feelin' me here, people?

ClearedtoLaunch.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumbsup: to you, Andrew!

Good job, WC!

Rick (FatNakedGuy) will be at the services with his cameras. We'll try to get a group shot for the FJR and motorcycle people doing the "Thumbs Up" salute.

And we'll add a group photo from the Memorial site parking area....right after we arrive.

GREAT PLAN!!!

Edit- Mike beat me to it. Great minds think alike....

Great Idea!

I'm in.

I need to go put a note in the cage that says something like, "Take the bike, genius".

Suspect it'll be raining like hell when Iggy and I stand next to our FJRs.

Fitting, perhaps. Won't have to wear sunglasss to hide tears if it's raining.

:(

Actually, now that I think about it.... this *is* suppose to be uplifting, so WHAT WOULD BE BEST is this: try to mimic Andrew's toothy grin when your photo is taken.

Andrew will undoubtedly bust up laughing when he sees some of you curmudgeons try to imitate his grin. :lol:

Thanks for the idea toe. Hoped that would be acceptable. I Could send one from the drive here too, before I start the ride.

Barry

symbology.jpg

Had to really adjust image brightness to show black gloves against the black WFO-5 rallyshirt.

But it was the Reno Gathering were I physically met Andrew for the first time, so.... I'm using this shirt for the photo shoot tomorrow.

My bike is in the shop but I will be in gear . . . Thanks WC for giving us a way to participate even though I won't be riding, My spirit will soar.

At first I was thinking "I'll gear up and get the picture in front of the garage because it'll be waaaay too cold to ride"

weather.com says "71" and no clouds for the middle of the mid-west.

My pic will be late; I'll have it taken as I leave from work, on my bike.

Fudge a little on the time the picture is taken.
Adapt and overcome.
Now that, I can handle. We've got snow coming down since early this morning. My FJR won't be leaving the garage any time soon. But, the picture and timing I can handle from work tomorrow.

Well I can't even do that. :( I'll be somewhere away from my offices in the company truck.
Fudge a little on the time the picture is taken.

Adapt and overcome.

Any more weak-ass excuses?
yes. I have one. My bike is at the doctors from my atgatt get off and my gear is shredded

can and will do the thumbs. Did it thousands of times as I final checked my pilots on the catapults.

Status
Not open for further replies.