Announcing! FJR-NERDS 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 'beams, another local couple made it home around 4:30. We had a blast! There were a lot of slow and dragging people today, I don't think that many could have gone another day so it looks like we had it planned just right :) We really enjoyed meeting old friends again and making new ones as much as we enjoyed all the great riding throughout VT.

Back to the non-Stowe reality here, too.

Many thanks again to The Planners, truly an enjoyable weekend w/a fun group, looking forward to more rides.

Ed

Deena and I got in around 3:00PM. She wanted to go straight home but I sneaked in a little detour over the App Gap. ;) We saw some serious traffic in a few places as we got near Albany but were able to find an alternate route around it every time.

We both had a great time, as usual. Many thanks to all of the folks in the green shirts for all of the organizing work. :thumbsupsmiley:

:finger:

That is all...
Barry let us be the first to say the name tags that you made were truly awesome!!! Not only did they tie in with the NERDS theme. But we also found out that some were specially designed for some folks. You must give us the inside story???

Thanks again there awesome. We were so disappointed that you were unable to attend with shiela.

So we will send some inside pictures!!! LOL

The Bluejag's

The turtle express got home about 1:30. followed at 5PM by the former driver for Miss Daisey.

Had a great time and Miss Daisey got in her first two rides of the year on the motorcycle. :yahoo:

She is happily iceing the knee and watching the tube.

Jack & Jane

A very smooth running '04 is tucked away, unpacked and I'm about to clip a stick. A fantastic weekend! As stated, thanks to every one of those green shirts for making it all happen. The personal time and attention you all gave showed through. Thank you.

Thanks again Ed, not Fred and Fred, not Ed and to your great group of helpers. I really do hope you all feel a commensurate level of accomplishment that matches the enjoyment we get from participating. Thanks Bustanut for your contribution. The tags are a great souvenir of the rally and we certainly missed the humour you and Dolly contribute. Hope your back is treating you better soon.

I got on the road just before 8am in the fog and was here in the barn (just outside London, Ontario) at 7:34pm covering just over 560 miles / 900 klicks for an average of 53 mph / 84 kph and that includes gas stops and the usual duty free stop and wait at the border to clear customs. Ray, #8 was great, much better than #28 from road surface perspective and much more entertaining :yahoo: . Ensign Pond Rd. heading west from Port Henry was just as good going in the opposite direction. Lincoln Gap is now checked off my bucket list. I'll just call it interesting. It's certainly not close to the ride through App Gap.

To all, trust your runs home or elsewhere were as safe and entertaining as mine. Hope to see you next year at NERDS (or at CFR in Huntsville).

Philip / graytaz

ps. Pictures to be posted soon(er or later).

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

To Fred and Ed - and your band of merry guys and gals ....WOWZER!! You NE peeps really know how to throw a 4-day party :D

Thank you so very much. As others pointed out, it's always wonderful to see old friends (y'all know who you are :rolleyes: ) and to make new ones.

9.5- hour day for me; 8.25 hours in the saddle. I have a sore butt :blink:

Cheers! And see you again soon, I hope.

MEM

Well my first NERDs and wow what a great time!! Paul and I home safe after a long day running around in the adirondacks today on the way back to Kingston ON. A nice bonus of a Whiteface Mountain run on the bikes to the summit and the view made the bumpy road worth it!

Lots more to post in the coming days just to bagged to post tonight after just under 2,000km's on the trip!

PS a super special Thbaks to Ed, Fred and the other organizers for a great experience!

I took a few New Yorkers in tow and we headed down VT100 to Mad River Glen and cut up the App Gap. I lucked out and got a clean run up the Gap and was able to snap a few pics of the rest of the group cresting the summit ....

DSC0002-L.jpg

DSC0004-L.jpg

The lady rider in our group with her BMW GS got stuck behind a car and was the last one to make the summit ....

DSC0013-L.jpg

There was a section of VT 17 that was under construction but in the morning I was able to find a few fun little roads that got around almost all of the construction. There was only 3 km of the loose gravel that we had to deal with. Once over the bridge that separates New York from Vermont we worked our way over to the top end of Tracy Road and I showed off some of my Alps riding skills and set the pace. It was an incredibly fun ride and I had a bit of a wait for the rest of the group.

At this point we went our separate ways and I stopped in at Lake Placid to see if there was still a glow coming from the Miracle on Ice after all these years and stopped in for a quick lunch. There were more fun roads and then a stop at the duty free before slabbing it all the way back home. I arrived back in Bowmanville just after dark and now I'll be staying home until EOM because there is a ton of stuff around here that I have completely abandoned for the entire summer while I have been off on adventures.

Very special thanks to Fred (not Ed), Ed (not Fred) and all the other NERDS Disorganizers for my Yamaha Jacket birthday present. I will put it to good use and I genuinely appreciate everyone who were kind enough to give me such a fine gift. Thank you.

Also thank to Ian for giving me the Snap-On tank cover for my birthday after he had won it as part of the Treasure Hunt. One must remember however that he has to stay on my good side if he continues to expect to use my tire changer.

Also thanks to the Disorganizers and all the participants for another fun event. NERDS is definitely a great event and the work that goes into it certainly shows. Thanks all.

:finger:

That is all...
Barry let us be the first to say the name tags that you made were truly awesome!!! Not only did they tie in with the NERDS theme. But we also found out that some were specially designed for some folks. You must give us the inside story???

The Bluejag's

The "inside story" ? Unlike beemerdons, Bustanut's not a kiss 'n' tell kind of guy ;)

I couldn't really make out the moojo logo and the 'S' in NERDS was a little wonky .....

NERDS-2012-013-M.jpg

But I felt the love when I turned it over ....

NERDS-2012-014-L.jpg

Thank you, Bust :blush:

Left Stowe at 8:30 Sunday Morning. Put the bike to bed at 6:45 this morning, little over 1300 mile in 22 hrs. Think I'll get some sleep now.

Left Stowe at 8:30 Sunday Morning. Put the bike to bed at 6:45 this morning, little over 1300 mile in 22 hrs. Think I'll get some sleep now.
Damn, Karl... you animal!! I'm sure that you'll sleep well.

Hope you had some fun again this year. I think I saw you smile once or twice... so you must have been having a ball! ;)

Thanks to all the organizers, both myself and Stan-Lee (Steamer) had an awesome time. Met a lot of nice new peeps, made some new friends and gained about 5lbs from all the chow :yahoo: (n maybe a few dwinks)

I will post my trip pics in the ride report so not to convolute this thread.

Latest posts