Announcing! FJR-NERDS 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and to be sure that we can put a fork in this year's event, look in my signature line below for a NERDS '12 Flying Cow sig-line icon that you can put into your sig, if you like.

(To do that just right click the cow and select "copy image location", then go into your control panel and navigate to your "Profile" / "Change Signature" and insert as you normally would in a post using the little picture frame icon.)

Last edited by a moderator:
We just rolled in this evening after swinging by Niagara Falls on the way back home from NERDS.

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in making this event happen! We had a great time. 

A special thanks to Ed, not Fred, for tech day gathering. Oh, okay, thanks Fred! Thanks to all y'all Nerds... :yahoo:

Home yesterday afternoon. Had a perfect trip, no hits no runins and no scratches to buff out. Thanks Fred and all those that helped you with the heavy lifting. It was a real sight for sore eyes riding through GREEN Vermont. It's brown in much of Texas right now. I enjoyed rubbing elbows with you NERDS.

John

Home yesterday afternoon. Had a perfect trip, no hits no runins and no scratches to buff out. Thanks Fred and all those that helped you with the heavy lifting. It was a real sight for sore eyes riding through GREEN Vermont. It's brown in much of Texas right now. I enjoyed rubbing elbows with you NERDS.

John

John, we were thrilled to have you and Petey join us this year for NERDS. I think you got a taste of what the group is all about last week. Just a bunch of regular folks that like to get together, ride around the countryside and goof off at night. That was a good chunk of the Yoo-Ess-Ay that you two had to traverse to get up here, and we do appreciate your efforts. We just hope that you guys had a memorable time.

Nice pictures TMJ! :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Thanks, KJ.

And, I like your version of the NERDS signature icon better than mine with the green background, so I'm stealing it!

Repeat of a prior announcement, in case you missed it the first time:

Are you a horrible procrastinator? Did you miss the deadline for ordering FJR-NERDS 2012 swag? If so, you are in luck, sort of.
I've setup an eStore where you can make individual purchases of tee-shirts and coffee cups, and have them shipped directly to yourself at home.
The prices are obviously
much
higher when ordered individually, and I'm not sure that you will be able to get them before NERDS, but if you just have to have one, you can get them here:
https://www.zazzle.com/fjr_nerds/giftsFJR-NERDS eStore on Zazzle.com
https://www.zazzle.com/fjr_nerds/gifts

You can change the type of shirt and the color for whatever you like. Just be sure to check how it looks printed as the logos don't show up very well on darker colors.

One additional note: I've set up an option for a long sleeve microfiber tee shirt (white only). They aren't cheap, at $40 a copy.
:eek: But I got one of these for myself last year and it is a really nice shirt to wear underneath your riding gear. Nice and cool in the summer heat and a great under layer in the cool weather.

Anyway... the store will remain open for quite a while now, so no real rush.

PS - I just ordered us a pair of the microfiber long sleeve tees. There is currently a discount code on there for 20% percent off (
BTSESSENTIAL
ends tomorrow) and another for free shipping (
FREESHIPFORU)
and you can use them both when you buy more than $50 of merch, which makes those microfibers a much better deal.

And, I like your version of the NERDS signature icon better than mine with the green background, so I'm stealing it!
That's actually my NERDS12 Signature icon. I've been trying to get the admins to put a copy of it on the forum server before I announced it to everyone, but it looks like people have been just copying the link to the file on the NERDS server from my sig line.

I can't promise that the NERDS server will always be up and available, so it's probably not the best idea to link the image from there for signature lines.

Ed.

That's actually my NERDS12 Signature icon. I've been trying to get the admins to put a copy of it on the forum server before I announced it to everyone, but it looks like people have been just copying the link to the file on the NERDS server from my sig line.

I can't promise that the NERDS server will always be up and available, so it's probably not the best idea to link the image from there for signature lines.

Ed.
I've got it permanently hosted now on comcast. So just copy my image link!!

I've got it permanently hosted now on comcast. So just copy my image link!!

Yeah, that's what I do. Fred, you host all of my signature pics. :p

I also want to say thank you to the organizers, and I had a great time meeting some of you. I picked a great route to ride Saturday (except for VT 17...I don't think I'll ever get all of the mud off the bike) and based on recommendations I headed back to Cape Cod via the beautiful White Mountains on Sunday. I seriously hope I can do some more rides in NH and VT soon, but remind me to avoid I-95 to get there...geez!

I also want to say thank you to the organizers, and I had a great time meeting some of you. I picked a great route to ride Saturday (except for VT 17...I don't think I'll ever get all of the mud off the bike) and based on recommendations I headed back to Cape Cod via the beautiful White Mountains on Sunday. I seriously hope I can do some more rides in NH and VT soon, but remind me to avoid I-95 to get there...geez!
Glad that you could make it and had a good time.

If you didn't like I-95 around Boston, then you'd hate I-93 through the middle of Boston.

I-495 is far enough from "the Hub" to be OK, but even that sucks during the commuter rush hours.

Fred- Yeah not my graphic, the 'Dacks one is and steal away!

I do know 6 diff programming languages (php is my flagship) and all graphics formats including Flash so if you need any graphics justa holler!

NERDS_1.gif