Any Interest In Passenger Footrest Relocation Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullCBX

Reaction score
I had a discussion with our very own garauld earlier this week in an effort to find somebody making passenger footrest relocation brackets. He stated he had looked at this once before, but with the level of work involved was not sure he wanted to venture down that path. At the end of our conversation we said he would be willing to look into again if there was interest out there in our community. I know I need a set and would ask if you would like one too, then please add a reply to this message string. Once we get an idea of the interest level, then Gary can make his decision if he wants to add this to his offering. I know Gary is a stand-up guy and really appreciate his willingness to even open the issue to the group. He could have said “nope” just as easily and left it at that. So here’s your chance, if you have a need, let us know.

George "BullCBX" Newman

I would possibly be interested. My girl hates riding with the cases on because they make her move her feet forward on the peg.

I'd be interested in a set. I'm sure they will be nicely done as are the hiway pegs and rear subframe stiffy.

Gary does great work - so if he were to do it - Absolutley im interested -

As a package i would want to see if there could be heat protection from the exhaust for the lower setting (The bruudtc link above deosnt do that or so theor website says ) and also i would probably want to buy some wynpro passenger boards - if they worked together - Most excellent !

I would absolutely be interested. I woulda bought them from MCN, but I don't know if they're even shipping.

I'll wait till Garauld makes some. So hurry up!

I would absolutely be interested. I woulda bought them from MCN, but I don't know if they're even shipping.
I'll wait till Garauld makes some. So hurry up!
I think you mean MCL... just bought a set and the heat shields for my wife a few weeks ago. Got them no problem.

If I were Garauld, I'd focus my time on something nobody else makes. More $$ that way

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry - I was under the impression that MCL was defunct after the passing of Larry. As the lowering brackets are probably still available, I have no plans to make them in the near future. I will concentrate on trying to work up a viable Gen2/3 stiffy bracket.
rolleyes.gif

Well I will admit I was under the same impression the MCL units were no longer available, but I am happy to say this is not true. I have been in contact with the MCL web site and have received confirmation there is another large batch in production and these should be available from the web site within the next couple of weeks. Again, wanted to say thanks to Gary for the consideration and the others that provided suggestions. While the bruudt units look nice, not sure I want to deal with the hassles of trying to order them from across the pond (or at the current exchange rate). I plan on keeping an eye out on the MCL web site and getting a set once available.-Thanks!

Gary does great work - so if he were to do it - Absolutley im interested -
As a package i would want to see if there could be heat protection from the exhaust for the lower setting (The bruudtc link above deosnt do that or so theor website says ) and also i would probably want to buy some wynpro passenger boards - if they worked together - Most excellent !
Yes the floorboards do work with the lowering pegs from what I have been told. Not sure how they look when folded up. Anyway mine are always down so I can rest my heels of my feet in another position when the wifey is not on board. I haven't personally tried lowering pegs though.

I don't plan on going 2-up for a while, at least not until summer, but if you think YOUR passenger complains....try it when you have THESE on!:

They go over the factory rear peg mount, so I think the extenders will work just fine since they seem to bolt up the same way, and these guards will just go in the same spot....don't you think?

And to REALLY add comfort...what do you guys think of these?

https://www.mv-motorrad.de/en/MV+Foot+Board+for+Passenger+Footrest.htm

Since the MCL extenders seem to keep the same geometry (as far as mounting angle) and would mount "regular" pegs, it seems like the foot boards SHOULD bolt up ?