Any other Kitsap or Jeff County riders out there?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KitsapFJR

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've had my 06 since Oct. 06 and have put about 13k on it so far. I ride all year long except when too icy or rainy. Commuted most of December but January has been a bit tough so far.

Haven't seen too many other riders out there on FJR's. I commute on the ferry and there's one other guy with an 07, and occasionally this guy with an 04 or 05 but he doesn't chat with anyone. Anyone else ride in Kitsap or Jefferson Counties? I run up to Port Townsend about once a month or so for pizza at Waterfront Pizza (best pizza in the world!). Would enjoy having some riding friends.

On a few occasions I've seen other FJR's parked in Port Townsend but haven't run into the owners.

By the way... Port Townsend is a MODEL of how a town/city ought to treat motorcycle parking! I can always count on a slot in one of their many motorcycle on-street parking spots. Each block in the main drag has designated spots. It's wonderful!

Hope to hear from you!

Steve

Poulsbo, my fave penninsula town!

We're a bit away from you, but we love riding your neck of the woods! Know of one FJR in Port Angeles, but I don't think he's a forum member. If you ever make it to the Island, we can show you some of our twisties.

b

The last time we were there on the bike we rode over to the west side to camp. Just as we got the tent set up it started to rain. ( Well, DUH.) Next morning it was still raining so we packed up and headed east to dry out. We spent a day at the Lund hotel letting the gear dry. We had a bet on how many times the dog sleeping in the middle of the road in front of the hotel would have to move for traffic. I won, (none), so that night I got to ride the twisties. :yahoo: (The long married guys on this forum will know.) ( When I started riding I ask an old rider what was the hardest part of riding the twisties. He said, "Getting the wife to go VROOM VROOM instead of OOOH OOOOH.") :D

Uhhh What were we talking about? Oh yeah. The wife doesn't ride any more so the next time I have the bike up there I would enjoy chasing you and Gordo over to Tofino and back. But no camping. At my age I want a hot shower and dry bed at night. A planked salmon fillet with red potatos would be acceptable also. But NO BETS. :p

Phil

The last time we were there on the bike we rode over to the west side to camp. Just as we got the tent set up it started to rain. ( Well, DUH.) Next morning it was still raining so we packed up and headed east to dry out. We spent a day at the Lund hotel letting the gear dry. We had a bet on how many times the dog sleeping in the middle of the road in front of the hotel would have to move for traffic. I won, (none), so that night I got to ride the twisties. :yahoo: (The long married guys on this forum will know.) ( When I started riding I ask an old rider what was the hardest part of riding the twisties. He said, "Getting the wife to go VROOM VROOM instead of OOOH OOOOH.") :D
Uhhh What were we talking about? Oh yeah. The wife doesn't ride any more so the next time I have the bike up there I would enjoy chasing you and Gordo over to Tofino and back. But no camping. At my age I want a hot shower and dry bed at night. A planked salmon fillet with red potatos would be acceptable also. But NO BETS. :p

Phil
No worries...Our idea of roughing it is 4 stars instead of 5. In a previous life I did many years as a Cubs/Scout mom for my kids. I have done ENOUGH campouts, dirt in my food etc. There are some nice B&B's over the hump out to Tofino/Uclulet, but I have to say that crab feasts are more likely over there than planked salmon. We can do a planked salmon here on the east side of the island... :p

No worries...Our idea of roughing it is 4 stars instead of 5. In a previous life I did many years as a Cubs/Scout mom for my kids. I have done ENOUGH campouts, dirt in my food etc. There are some nice B&B's over the hump out to Tofino/Uclulet, but I have to say that crab feasts are more likely over there than planked salmon. We can do a planked salmon here on the east side of the island... :p
Planked Salmon and crab feast..., is this an open invitation for all Northwest FJR riders?

Planked Salmon and crab feast..., is this an open invitation for all Northwest FJR riders?
Just the ones who can cook... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, some of you are in great red wine/winery country aren't you?

*starts scheming*

Actually, I have been thinking of organizing a semi-organized ride on the island....not gonna compete with NAFO. Last spring 4 riders did a 1st 1k in 24 hour ride on the island...err 3 completed, 1 remodeled his wing coming out of Port Renfrew. The Vancouver Island offers some excellent riding with incredible scenery and a good amount of twisties...just difficult to do circular routes so the ride will involve coming back on the same highway at times. This can be fun, because then you have a better idea of the road and current conditions.

I'm thinking a weekend in late May.

Who's seriously interested?

2 day/2 night event?

How far do you want to ride a day?

Who's bringing the often bragged about Washinton red wine? lol

Actually, I have been thinking of organizing a semi-organized ride on the island....not gonna compete with NAFO. The Vancouver Island offers some excellent riding with incredible scenery and a good amount of twisties.
I'm thinking a weekend in late May.

Who's seriously interested?

2 day/2 night event?

How far do you want to ride a day?

Who's bringing the often bragged about Washinton red wine? lol
I wish you would reconsider and schedule this semi-organized ride sometime in July. I would much rather go for a ride in BC with a small group than travel to Colorado in the summer to congregate with the horde.

I'd love to see your Island My wife is from Powell River and have been there a few times. She has rode the boat out of Anacortes and sez the drive to Campbell River. May can be real wet on the Island but I am going NAFO in July. I will watch for future post's though and see what transpires.

A ride around the island ya say ?
--G
Yes, trying to figure out how to cover most of the island in a short span of time, whilst still finding time for a great feast or 2.

Probably last weekend of May, as we are hoping to be able to attend NAFO this year.

I am prodding Gordo to post up an 'interest' thread to see how many BC/AB/WA/OR/ riders would be willing to make the ride here to, well...RIDE.

He's been mulling this around for months now.

b