Any Plans for 2014...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mason Dixon 20-20 rally. The Void rally. Weeklong trip through the Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls, and parts of Canada with wife and another couple we like to travel with.

Plan to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway again at least once. Never get tired of that ride.

IMG_1342.JPG

Is it doomed? Patriot had stated he was not going to organize it anymore and his health issues have kept him off the bike anyway. It seemed to always be scheduled during the rainy season.

Is there any hope for it? Or is this event now a part of history. A new organizer and a new date slot might be in order.

This summer's yet to be finalized schedule:

April: Blitz to Branson, Chicago, two friends in South Dakota.

May: Local

June: Hyder and Fairbanks, Alaska and Dawson City, Yukon Territory

July: British Columbia Lake District and Jasper National Park.

North Carolina for reunion of some of the officers of my first infantry battalion

Minneapolis, MN for BMWMOA International Rally

August: Bee Cee Beemers Rally in Nakusp, British Columbia

Bay Center, WA and the WA coast.

September: TBD

October: TBD

As an SFO regular I have to chime in here.

1) I was unaware that Mike is having health issues. Godspeed with his recovery.
smile.png

2) I don't know that CFO was ever "barred" from meeting in the Ozarks. But that was a good one Wheetie!
bye.gif
Hell, if CFO met in the Ozarks it would definitely be on my "must ride" list.

3) RFH - for the past three years SFO has been a VERY laid back INFORMAL gathering of 15-20 bikes. Typically, it takes someone stepping up, around this time of the year, to say - "Hey dudes, when and where are we getting together this year"? Since Mike is not doing it this year, it may take someone else. But, I wouldn't say this meet is anywhere near history, even if it's just me riding up to the Ozarks in May and calling it SFO '14!!!
bike.gif

As for the date slot, you know the South, anytime in the Summer is typically roasting hot and we would likely have even fewer attendees than we already do. The Fall, well, that's just too far away.... I think we all start jonesing for the Ozarks early! And as for the Spring, well, it just freaking rains in the Spring ever three or four days. It's just part of it.

I can't wait to get back up that way. So if someone wants to pick up the mantle please do. We've met in Eureka Springs, Russelville, and for the past two years at The Hub. There have been a few Hub detractors, but it is extremely well situated right in the heart of the best riding. The rooms are cheap, Randy and Debbie are very accommodating and are the nicest folks ever! They have the restaurant onsite and even opened up the pool table for us last year.

Personally, I'm open to whatever, whenever. Whatever we do, let's at least be within commuting distance from a package store!!!

I am up for anything as well....recently moved from Colorado and SWFO where we went to the last 3 or 4 events both in New Mexico and Colorado, all great times. Attended NAFO in 2012 in Castlegar, BC and that was great too....but now we are closer to home and family and want to meet some of the SFO bunch....I will watch for any news and will do all I (we) can to attend!

Mohawk

Well, I was one of the early detractors about the Hub, but have now come around and agree with FJRbandit. Randy and Deb are great and the prices are right. I even went back up there last fall with a friend and stayed at the Hub. I do like Eureka Springs, but the Hub is great too. Hopefully we can get a conversation started here about the when, where, and how of SFO 2014. Some more of the regulars need to chime in. Interested newbies too.

GP

Last year was the first SFO I had ever been to. Had a BLAST in spite of the weather. I'm good with anywhere-any time (except April 11-13, Austin GP).

I'm ready.

Yeah I wouldn't mind going to that either. We've been doing May the last couple of years. Probably do it in May again this year.

GP

Hi gang. My thinking is that we'll just roll with our super informal gathering at The Hub. I called Debbie to inquire on the availability of The Hub for May and early June. I posted the info in a separate thread along with a poll. How about taking a look at it and vote for your preferred weekend, or like me, choose the "I don't care, see ya there" option. We'll trail SFO 2014 from there. I don't know how to pin a thread so if a mod could help us out I would appreciate it.

I would definitely attend a gathering ANYWHERE in that area. I go to Eureka Springs almost every year with a Vmax group and my wife & I went for a week for the COG Rally a couple of years ago. Too many good roads to count!

If a date/place is set, I'll be there. Mid to late May is usually good.

Vern

Vern - We are set for May 29th thru June 1st at The Hub. Check out the pinned thread for SFO for details on signing up. It's pretty simple, you just call The Hub and make your reservations and post up in the SFO thread that you are coming. Looking forward to seeing you there!