Any Reason to not buy an '06 model?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I would look at a "new" leftover 08 before I would consider the 06. I personally think that the changes made to the throttle and whatnot are significant. Truthfully at this point in the year, I would wait until the 2010 models comes out and would get a "leftover" 2009 and save a grand plus on it.
In the end, with either a 2008 or a 2009, you would have a new bike instead of a used one, it would have less miles on it -and- in a few years when you go to sell it, it would be worth more than the 2006.

I always seem to have questionable luck with used equipement. Some folks take care of their stuff, others dont. With bikes, everyone seem to do farkles - some do a lot of farkles. I have seen some real hack jobs where guys have added farkles. With a "leftover" new bike, you avoid all of that and get a new bike with less miles and still get a heafty discount from a current model bike..

Random thoughts..
Nothing that a $75 G2 throttle tube can't fix.

Just might be too much for you :nea: since blue is definitely the fastest color! Better buy a black one just to be safe :eek:hno-smiley:

Test after test has shown that the '06 is superior in every way.

If you think you can handle the power and prestige that comes with ownership,

you'd be a fool not to pull the trigger on one.

And EVERY bike looks better in BLUE!

IMG_2054.jpg

Test after test has shown that the '06 is superior in every way.If you think you can handle the power and prestige that comes with ownership,

All BLUE Rexes came with French FJR motors installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the 08/09 has a lighter clutch pull, but other than that color of plastic ans wheels is different, I love my 06, I think it the best color.

Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:
Test after test has shown that the '06 is superior in every way.If you think you can handle the power and prestige that comes with ownership,

IMG_2054.jpg
Now I do like the 06 color.......... But......... OM hit his head really hard last year and is confused as

usual..... 08 black is by far the best!!..... 06 owners are forced by association to confess their love for

that year....... :dribble: :dribble: That being said and all..... they are not second class owners .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is it Friday yet??

B

Hello ,I've got an '06 A & have just over 11K. I just had the recalls done & will be putting a new front tire on this weekend.I've been Very happy with my bike & am a bit partial.If you have found an "06 that is in good shape & possibly some improvements

& still save a couple grand-I think that's a great deal.I've got at least a couple thousand in various "farkles". Probably the most

expensive single item was the Titanium Leo Vince slip on cans. Those are really only a personal thing. I really can't stop trying to improve my equipment. Bottom line is-the deal you have for the '06 sounds good ! To be really sure,have a mechanic check

it out-its worth the small amount to be certain. Good luck, Sliick2

06 owners try hard to be modest as we have the fastest bike and are generally known to be the best riders. With that said, all of the FJR's are works of art that will some day earn their place in the Smithsonian as engineering marvels unmatched in the 21st century. My wife says I'm full of it, I think she's not being very nice... :p

There was supposed to be an improvement in the ABS for 08 other than that I think it pretty much the same bike. I've owned an 03A, 06AE & 08AE. If $$$$ is an issue and the 06 is a good buy and mileage is low the 06 will work just fine.