Anyone doing any 3D printing for their FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckeyeFJR

Reaction score
My neighbor has a printer, and asked if I needed anything printed. I've seen lots of GoPro mounts, but wondering if anyone has made a cool farkle for their bike?

That's a great neighbor to have!

How strong and durable are the items from a 3D printer. I would think with some imagination, the possibilities could be endless.

I'm working up a design for mirror extenders on my printer., which would be much cheaper than the aluminum ones available. I'm going to have to stress test them though as sometimes the shear strength on FDM 3d printed parts (filiment extrusion). Generally I use the 3d printer to mcok up parts and then I go and machine them. For this part I'm actually thinking that moulded plastic would be better long term, but the printer makes it super easy to try things out and does a great job of holding screws.

Alas my printer is at it's one year mark, so it's on the kicthen table for an "oil change" :) . Hope to get this in a few weeks.

Other things I've thought of are:

- waterproof case for my garage door opener mod. Basicaly pu print the halves of the clamshell and then coat the outside with polyureathane to make it waterproof. Probbably put a gasket groove in it. 3dp would be great for this.

- Mockup for a bar riser to cut in shop class.

- Full wrap brush guard mounts (extend the ones for sale to connect back to the handlebars.

- Cup holder :)

- Extended Extended side fairing extenders to cover my wide ass quads.

- Mockups for foot pegs.

All I can think of at the moment, only had my feejer since tgiving so that's all Ive come up with yet.