• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone have a Brodie or similar grounding harness to sell?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummYam

Reaction score
Just been grazed by a passing spider and want to nip it in the bud before the poison spreads.

Can anyone sell me a harness or suggest who still makes them so I can order one?

Think I've read and have been advised that Brodie no longer supplies them.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Did you not receive a recall notice from Yamaha? If not contact your local stealer and give them your VI N#.
Maybe he did and that's why he's looking for an alternative. Good luck with Yamaha if you did get a notice, did not return the bike to Yamaha and then had a problem. I had already enhanced my grounding to avoid a spider bite, so I didn't return mine for the recall. Of course I don't trust the local dealer.

art.....No I didn't get a recall notice from mama and Niehart thanks for the offer but have a harness en route already.

bram... I see the logic but.....

Intech....like you, neither do I.

Steve has been fretting over this (understandably so) with riding season upon us. I went by yesterday to lend a little moral support, and help with the plastic. If you haven't met Steve, he's a detail oriented man, and it showed in how he approached his bike tear down. Photos taken at each step, envelopes for screws and such at each step, he's very thorough and methodical. I think of being thorough about an hour into it, so it was nice to see him work. Thanks for letting me help Steve.

Here's the surgeon at work.

Bike is now fit and ready to fly.

Many thanks to all for your informative posts . No way could I have got the job done without you.

punk.gif
punk.gif

For anyone following this thread and wishing they had invested in a Brodie harness when they were on offer, you can always make your own.

You can get the parts you need from Eastern Beaver primarily a 6 Position 090 HM Connector (6P090-HM Male) for each 'spider' that needs curing.

If you can't crimp the connecters yourself you should be able to find someone local who can do the job for you.

I have the Road Runner version fitted to mine with a 'home made' plug tieing the S1 spider back to battery negative.

Just found a couple of pics that might be useful:

item.JPG

item.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone need a Brodie Gen 2 ignition harness? I have one, never installed, that I ran across when cleaning the garage. Make an offer.