Anyone having a Tech day in Southeast?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmashVol

Reaction score
I live in the middle of NC. Just looking to learn and get a couple of things done at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Griff (in Greer, SC) has hosted before. Don't be shy: PM him and ask. Of course, he'll have to take a weekend off from BMR and ToH.

Thanks in advance! Other BMR/ToH competitors will be happy to see Big Dog Griff take a weekend off.

Thanks guys and may holler at both you and Griff. I was hoping to get in on the TOH this year but new job etc. has been cutting into the bike time. Want to change that trend! LOL

Can a valve check be done on a tech day if ride in for it? Never done one on a FJR. Only one I done with lots of help was on my NC700x which is a lot different, screw adjustment. That's really the only thing I need. I'm in Asheville, NC.

I have one each year usually in April, however I have proposed either 5/19 or 5/26 for this year. I am in King George, VA.

2wheels4fun - Yes a valve check can be done on a ride in if you allow enough time for the engine to cool. We took apart a warm engine last year to expedite cooling and used a fan to assist.

Will see if I can make it. Supposed to go on a ride one of those weekends to Tennessee on the western side. Going to need a valve check on mine so may just watch and a couple of other things while ya'll do the other one.

Hi Intech

I live near Greensboro NC. It looks like a 4+ ride from where I live to your place. Would it be acceptable to drive up the day before and I stay overnight somewhere nearby? The idea would be to allow the bike to cool off overnight. My bike is a 2003. I have a shim kit.

We need to set up a regional Valve check day. Have 3 or so "Crews" perform valve checks while 3 or so lines of FJRs await their turns.

You know… something like a Jiffy Lube style set up. Riders could assist and observe (And pass on the knowledge for the next year), while

"Tipping the crew"

"Next in line please"
punk.gif

Yes, I need a valve check also…
uhoh.gif

If there's a possibility for a Tony sighting, I'd love to meet the man, the myth, the almost a legend in his own mind :) but alas, I have a plan to ride elsewhere that weekend!