Anyone hear from Fred W?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He recently moved to Vermont.  I think he has been busier with moving and settling in to the new place rather than riding this year.  I exchanged email with him a few weeks ago...

Cool. Although I don’t post much anymore on FJR related stuff, I’ve gotten used to seeing certain older members post things somewhat regularly, and just noticed I haven’t seen anything from him in awhile.

Guess it’s this Covid thing happening that makes me get concerned when I don’t see them online for awhile.

Glad you’re OK. 

I talk to myself a lot. My dad always said it’s OK to talk to yourself, just not to talk back. 😜

Used to tell people at work who called me on it, "Sometimes it's the only intelligent conversation I can find around this place."  :D

HiYa Fred!

Vermont Fred, huh? Sounds weird, but Congrats!
Not as weird as you might think.  Definitely not in line with my political ideas, but there are so few people here, it makes up for it. My town’s total  population is 1200.  It’s nice and quiet, though you do have to drive a ways to find certain things.  Amazon delivers to the house, but then we pay sales tax!  Boo!

Not as weird as you might think.  Definitely not in line with my political ideas, but there are so few people here, it makes up for it. My town’s total  population is 1200.  It’s nice and quiet, though you do have to drive a ways to find certain things.  Amazon delivers to the house, but then we pay sales tax!  Boo!
Wait. Wasn't NERDS in Vermont? You didn't live there? So confused... as normal.

Yes, NERDS was always held in Stowe, Vermont.  But we lived in southern New Hampshire. Separated by only a few hours drive time, but different in many ways.

Yes, NERDS was always held in Stowe, Vermont.  But we lived in southern New Hampshire. Separated by only a few hours drive time, but different in many ways.
Shit, I thought you lived in Florida. That's what I get for thinking. Actually, I think I had you and WFooshee mixed up and actually do remember that you were in NH. Haha! 

Good on ya! But unless you aren't careful you'll find yourself working more now. 😣
 I took it easy the first year then got bored, now some days I'm afraid to answer my phone. Poor working stiffs haven't got time to fix their own stuff it seems!

My son left Phillips just over a year ago and is now with GE. From what he says people are jumping ship from Phillips.