Anyone near St. George Utah wanna install an Audiovox Cruise for me?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lacofdfireman

Reaction score
I bought an 08 AE and would love to put a Cruise control on it. I don't think I have the mechanical ability to do it. Really wish I did but am almost certain I would be over my head. I would be willing to ride somewhere for the day and help someone willing that wants to make a little extra side money. I could also possibly meet someone in Southern California as I work for LA County Fire and could ride my FJR into work one day. Also is the Rostra from Murphkits just as good as the Audiovox or which one is the best way to go? If you are interested PM me or let me know what you would charge if you were willing to do it.. Thanks... Can't do it until probably October though as I won't even have my bike until late September..

Can't help you with fitting, but I can tell you the Murph one is identical to the Audiovox. I believe Audiovox decided not to supply it, Murph got hold of the original manufacturer and sells exactly the same kit.

Fitting it requires a certain amount of mechanical ingenuity, but is not difficult, there are many installations documented on this site, this is mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to live in St. George, but no longer. Have you looked into the McCruise models from Australia? Another forum member and I installed one on his FJR two years ago (in St. George). The model he purchased was designed specifically for the FJR, and although the install took several hours, it was straight forward with excellent instructions from McCruise. Basically, Plug and Play. They are pricey though.

Man, you have a long commute to work!!
rolleyes.gif

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked up the MCcruise. Wow. $920. Is it that much better than the Audiovox or Rostra? How is it so different from them that it would cost that much more? If it's that much better I don't mind paying that much but I'd have to be convinced that it was way better. If not I am sure my local dealer could install the Audiovox or Rostra for under $500... If any of you know the differences please speak up and tell me about them..

lacodfireman,

Well, the forum member that bought the McCruise that we installed, had done a lot of research, and he felt they were a high quality unit that came well recommended. And like I said, it was "plug and play". You can read a lot about them on this forum:

Copy this into Google: McCruise site:fjrforum.com

You'll have lots of reading to do!!!