Anyone using the JMCB-2003?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamx

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the JMCB-2003-DU CB/Intercom system just wondering if anyone is using it here on their FJR's and if so what your impression if the unit is?

I've got one on the FJR and one on the SV and had one on the VFR.

I've paired with a 2-foot NGP Firestik and a Kennedy Technology Group Cell/Set so I can take calls via the Zumo. Have spliced in a 3.5mm headphone jack so I can plug in earphones.

It works well. No real issues.

Minor issue is some RPM-related static which I didn't have on the VFR - I think it may have to do with cable routing and I'll be playing with it soon to resolve that problem.

Another minor issue is that cables and junk cost a mint, but with cyclegadgets.com selling competitive cords etc. it's not as bad now.

love it...no issues

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mholiver/sets...57611628503105/

3229123863_719485fcc3.jpg

I have one. Waiting on a couple of cables to come in. I'm switching from a Starcom1 system.

Not too happy with the J&M CB. I've replaced three of these units, with Baehr FRS-radio CAPO ll units. (no longer available in USA) The J&M were installed on FJR, Roadliner and Road King Custom.

The lack of range with the CB was a major drawback. I also used Wilson tunable and Firestik antennas. Also upgraded four helmets to Elite series speakers. I have to say the RPM related static on the FJR was not really resolved with re-routing cables or a new electronic filter, as suggested by J&M technician.

My customer service experience with J&M has been excellent, but end results were rather poor for the $$$ spent.

Astronomical price with less than stellar performance.

At present we are using Scala Cardio Q2, and I to say these rock. Finally a comm system that performs as advertised.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to look into the J&M Integratr. With three bikes, its easy to just move it from one bike to the other. I have one and just strap it around my jacket and my wife and I can communicate, listen to the radio or mp3 player, and have our GPS hooked up too. And to transfer from bike to bike doesn't require hardwiring or mounting it over and over again.

The cables CAN cost a bunch, but once You have them you're good to go. I have no complaints other than sometimes my dangling helmet cable bumps into the volume knob and shoots the volume up I I'm not careful in how I route it. And also I wish there was a way for us to keep an open mic instead of using vox. But I just make a loud smack with my lips.before speaking and it works fine.

I have a co-worker that rides a goldwing and complains about the lack of range on his CB also. I'm wondering if this unit will allow me to hook up my 2 meter radio, we use 2 meter radio's for off roading and I have even hooked up the kids bike with them. They work much better than CB's but you need a license to operate them on certain frequencies. Most of the people I'm riding with now already have the CB setup so it looks like if I can find a setup that will do both that will be the best fit for me

:rolleyes:

I wonder if they make amps for the J&M CB, in most cases the amps are as much as the CB itself.

Not too happy with the J&M CB. I've replaced three of these units, with Baehr FRS-radio CAPO ll units. (no longer available in USA) The J&M were installed on FJR, Roadliner and Road King Custom.The lack of range with the CB was a major drawback. I also used Wilson tunable and Firestik antennas. Also upgraded four helmets to Elite series speakers. I have to say the RPM related static on the FJR was not really resolved with re-routing cables or a new electronic filter, as suggested by J&M technician.

My customer service experience with J&M has been excellent, but end results were rather poor for the $$$ spent.

Astronomical price with less than stellar performance.

At present we are using Scala Cardio Q2, and I to say these rock. Finally a comm system that performs as advertised.

I have one and love it. Not perfect and it will take a FMRS radio if you want with blue tooth through the Zumo 550 and satellite radio or i pod.