Anything NERDY going on?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure enjoyed my NERDS adventure.

What stuck in the memory banks"

1. How close all the little towns are together

2. Seams in the asphalt that ran *in* the direction of travel!

3. How old everything is, especially FredW and Ionbeam!

Pshaa!

It appears that 2019 is going to be past us soon.

The Ws have been busy beavers. We did make a trip to Nova Scotia with a couple of friends, but weve spent most of our time this spring and summer setting up our go-to retirement home in Vermont. Cant sell the NH homestead yet, so we have two homes for the meanwhile. As any homeowner can attest, home ownership will suck up your time. Imagine owning two!

Long term we will move north from southern NH to east-central VT. Way fewer people is the big motivation. Our new town has a population of 1200 souls. And two of them are our son and daughter in law.

All that said, Im thinking that we might be able to pull together something next year. Its just too late for this summer already.

And Carver, look in the mirror, buddy. You fit right in here with us oldsters in New England. But, dont worry, we are not judgemental. Though I did have a judge say I was mental once.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK then, I'll keep 2020 Sept on my calendar open!

Can hardly wait to eat your food, drink your booze, flirt with your wife in your NEW home!
default_rofl.gif

...and Congrats on new home and the big R word! You'll love retirement. I know a thing or two about it now...

default_whistle.gif

dcarver posted: OK then, I'll keep 2020 Sept on my calendar open!
Can hardly wait to eat your food, drink your booze, flirt with your wife in your NEW home!
rofl.gif

...and Congrats on new home and the big R word! You'll love retirement. I know a thing or two about it now...

whistle.gif
I'm thinking NERDS 2020 is on my calendar, too. Got to fill in New England (and New Jersey) on my map. Y'all throw out some plans.

September?!?!? Hey, guys, I don't do snow on a motorbike.

I was just wondering myself if there was going to be a NERDS event this year. OK, I'll wait another year. Congrats on the second home Fred!

Owning two homes does keep one busy. I rent one to my son. Fortunately I can walk to my other home since it's right next door. Vermont is beautiful but I don't think I could live there. We just spent a few days up in Quechee VT last week. I can understand wanting to be next to your children.

Best of luck Fred,

Dave

Fred

Are you really moving there for the son and no neighbors?

I think it may be the pizza and beer!

Congrats! I'm a few years behind you so don't wipe out the social security funds on me
default_smile.png

I'm going for a ride tomorrow. All welcome to join  

Arundel Me, (Bentley's for breakfast at 8am)  Leave between 0930ish

Acton Me, (check out Iron Tails Saloon for smoke break) 

past Ossipee, Nh.

left at Moultonborough,

maybe lunch at Rubbin Butts BBQ in center Harbor, Nh.

on to Meredith, Nh.

then home.

300mi + - 

Boston,

Interested. Possible.

Good timing on your part as I did the route last weekend.  Bentley's will be closed for the season after next weekend and Iron Tails goes on winter vacation after THIS weekend.

Same here. Just say no to broken mirror aluminum sub-structure! (Also known as dumping in the parking lot!) Great routes from John. Nice breakfast, lunch, ride.