Anything NERDY going on?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope there's going to be something NERDy going on this year.  My son Trevor hasn't experienced NERDS yet.  We need an excuse to go to Stowe to stop at The Alchemist to drink some Heady Toppers and bring some home.  If a rally isn't planned, we may have to ride up there anyway.  Hey Fred, any plans for this year?  NERDS has always been one of my favorites.  We don't need any swag or any fancy organization.  The disorganized events sometimes end up being the best events.

I had been trying to find a different place, possibly over in the Adirondacks.  I’ll admit to have not put in a ton of time into it, but it was a bit frustrating.  Pretty pricey over that way in the mountains in summer months.  Lake George would be a possibility, but that area is pretty crowded in summer.  Maybe we could do another weekend in Stowe for old time sake?

I am up for a NERDs event!! 

Last year I spent a few hours looking for a different location than the Commodores in Stowe but nothing really made me say yeah lets try this.  The things that I used as a priority are roads, of course, hotel price and walking distance to food & drink.  Came to the same conclusion as Fred, Stowe is the best place in my opinion even though the food there isn't that great.......maybe they have a new chef now??  Last time we were there GrubHub wasn't a thing, maybe use them to fix the food issue??  One more plus, I really liked having the convenient store/gas station next door.

If roads and food are the priorities, the best place I think to stay in the Daks is the Hampton Inn in Lake Placid.  Roads are great, walking distance to a large variety of very good food & drink.  Hotel price alone would discourage a lot of people from coming.

With that said I'm still up for Stowe.  It's further away from my house. 😁  Last week of July and the first week in August is the only window I have open at this point.

I am up for a NERDs event!! 

Last year I spent a few hours looking for a different location than the Commodores in Stowe but nothing really made me say yeah lets try this.  The things that I used as a priority are roads, of course, hotel price and walking distance to food & drink.  Came to the same conclusion as Fred, Stowe is the best place in my opinion even though the food there isn't that great.......maybe they have a new chef now??  Last time we were there GrubHub wasn't a thing, maybe use them to fix the food issue??  One more plus, I really liked having the convenient store/gas station next door.

If roads and food are the priorities, the best place I think to stay in the Daks is the Hampton Inn in Lake Placid.  Roads are great, walking distance to a large variety of very good food & drink.  Hotel price alone would discourage a lot of people from coming.

With that said I'm still up for Stowe.  It's further away from my house. 😁  Last week of July and the first week in August is the only window I have open at this point.
Well Deang, Plan it and they will come. I ahven't been for a while. In fact I haven't been to a NERDS. It was the Greens and Whites and I think the first at the Commodore. I renamed it the Whites and Wets. Still had a blast.

Sign me up also. Not to far and not to close. Just right. Wasn't there another place in Lebanon NH in the early days? Either one would work for me.

Dave

Fred W,

I will assist in planning, but unable to guarantee attendance.  We are scheduled to head back west in July.

Whites and "Wets"?. Thinking Wetnaps to clean the motel.  But definitely not Wet, as in rain.  Too much of that in N.E.  Anywho, that location is very nice (upper VT) but agreeing to also look at the NY State/Central VT options for those coming from the south.  Our CA friends love the riding so don't worry about them. Mileage from New Brunswick or Saskatchewan, it's all the same 🍻

Interesting - my VT, NH , NY riding tends to be further north within these states.  Maybe its time to explore a little further south...

My preference is camping at some of these gatherings - especially if there are a couple of others interested in camping as well.  Not as much fun if everyone else is hotelling.

Interesting - my VT, NH , NY riding tends to be further north within these states.  Maybe its time to explore a little further south...

My preference is camping at some of these gatherings - especially if there are a couple of others interested in camping as well.  Not as much fun if everyone else is hotelling.
Depending on the timing, see comment above, I'm a camper.  For both enjoyment and frugality.

from Manchester Center you could throw a rock in any direction and hit a campground.
Yeah, I already had a look at Google maps for camping in the region.  I am pretty much a fair weather camper but I do enjoy it and doesn't hurt that it stretches the travel budget.