Arai helmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus

Angus
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a nice Arai helmet I normaly wear a Medium the Arai is large how does the sizes run on the Arai it is a Colin Edwards replica Quantim f series.

I have a chance to buy a nice Arai helmet I normaly wear a Medium the Arai is large how does the sizes run on the Arai it is a Colin Edwards replica Quantim f series.
Quantam F is a pretty old helmet. Personally, I would stay away. The Quantam 2 is the newer version. There is a date of manufacture on the chin strap (not the strap where the D loops are). If it's more than 5 years old, I would stay away from it.

When you say you normally wear a Medium, a Medium what? Arai? Shoei? All helmets and brands are not sized equally.

Quantam F is a pretty old helmet. Personally, I would stay away. The Quantam 2 is the newer version. There is a date of manufacture on the chin strap (not the strap where the D loops are). If it's more than 5 years old, I would stay away from it.

When you say you normally wear a Medium, a Medium what? Arai? Shoei? All helmets and brands are not sized equally.

Thanks

Gunny! Randy has some sound advice. I would also make SURE that helmet fits you well. My old, real old, Shoei used to give me headaches as it put pressure on my forehead. I would try a helmet at a store before buying it.

I have an older Quantum F and love it, however, it needs replacing now. Arai runs in the size they say. I tried on a Quantum II and didn't care for it, the padding was not as comfortable. I like my old Quantum F. I may have to switch shell shapes but the Quantum fits me perfect.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunny! Randy has some sound advice. I would also make SURE that helmet fits you well. My old, real old, Shoei used to give me headaches as it put pressure on my forehead. I would try a helmet at a store before buying it.

I have an older Quantum F and love it, however, it needs replacing now. Arai runs in the size they say. I tried on a Quantum II and didn't care for it, the padding was not as comfortable. I like my old Quantum F. I may have to switch shell shapes but the Quantum fits me perfect.

Good luck in your quest.
Thanks I think I will pass on it.