Are you sat down Randy? They let Schumacher loose on Stoners bike........

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Schumacher has clocked an incredible best lap of 1.37.89 in a special guest ride on Stoner's GP7

The lap record set in Sunday's race was 1.32.74

schumacher1.jpg

Yep - saw that yesterday. He frequently does track days, from what I understand. Not only was he 5 seconds off, but, he was only about 3 seconds per lap behind the fast laps of Kurt-Ass and Ant West. Very impressive. Also, if you look at the pic, he was using steel rotors, not carbon. Not sure if there were any other differences on the bike.

Returning favors for all that cool pneumatic valve operating technology?

Yep - saw that yesterday. He frequently does track days, from what I understand. Not only was he 5 seconds off, but, he was only about 3 seconds per lap behind the fast laps of Kurt-Ass and Ant West. Very impressive. Also, if you look at the pic, he was using steel rotors, not carbon. Not sure if there were any other differences on the bike.
They are fitted for wet weather and were used for the freebie rides for several people.

Looks like he had a fun day on Monday, 5 November:

https://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001023,00.html

WORLD champion Casey Stoner handed over his MotoGP bike to Formula One legend Michael Schumacher before showcasing the dominant form which won him the crown this season.

After Schumacher, the seven-times F1 world titleholder, blasted around the Valencia track on Stoner's Ducati 800 machine, the young Australian proceeded to smash his best race time.

On the first day of post-season testing, Stoner refused to ease up, ending the session by slicing 0.4seconds of his best race lap of 1m32.348s.

Then, in characteristic form, he blasted the new test format which allowed a flock of 250cc riders on the circuit at the same time as the MotoGP bikes.

Schumacher, the former Ferrari ace and motorcycle fanatic, stunned observers when he wheeled Stoner's bike around Valencia in a time just five seconds outside the lap record set by Spaniard Dani Pedrosa, who won the Valencia GP on Sunday from Stoner.

The German praised Stoner's season, in which he won 10 races, as "perfect.''

"I am very impressed,'' Schumacher said. "If you remember that last year no-one would have bet on him at all and Ducati took the risk to take him on board.

"Sure he got a good bike and there is the tyre situation, but he beat his teammate and other guys on the same tyres so a big credit to him. He rode it so smoothly, so perfectly. I'm very impressed.''

Schumacher rode Ducati 990cc MotoGP bike in 2005 and was about 15 seconds off the pace. "So I thought maybe if I could run within 10 seconds, that would be nice,'' he said.

and from another source:

Michael Schumacher stuns with MotoGP pace on Ducati

Michael Schumacher on Monday stunned observers at the Valencia circuit by setting competitive lap times on the saddle of Casey Stoner's championship-winning Ducati MotoGP bike. As a host of guest riders tested the grand prix machinery at the Spanish circuit following the conclusion of the 2007 season, the former formula one seven time world champion came close to just five seconds off Valencia winner Dani Pedrosa's fastest lap at the end of his 58-lap test.

Schumacher, 38, wearing a plain orange riding suit and white helmet, proved radically improved since his Ducati test in 2005; fully leaning into the corners and putting to good effect the tips of experts he consulted in the pits.

"I remember the last time I was riding and I was about 15 seconds slower than what you could do, so I thought maybe if I could run within ten seconds, that would nice," he said afterwards in Spain, according to Motorcycle News (MCN).

Following wild theories that he might replace Fernando Alonso at McLaren next year, meanwhile, he also fended off speculation that he could be good enough to race in MotoGP.

"I'm just doing this for fun. I don't want to race," Schumacher insisted.

He also played down any comparison between MotoGP and formula one.

"It is like being on earth and going to the moon," Schumacher smiled.

https://www.allaboutallsport.com/formula-1/...-on-ducati.html

and a little more:

The German completed 58 laps and set some impressive times, including a fastest lap of one minute, 37.89 seconds, which is just over five seconds outside Dani Pedrosa's new lap record, which the Spaniard set in winning the Valencia MotoGP on Sunday.

Making Schumacher's times even more impressive was the fact that he wasn't even using super powerful carbon brakes, preferring instead to run steel brakes normally used in MotoGP in the rain.

Michael on no 27:

2mcc7e8.jpg

and in 2005 arriving at the Italian F1 GP practice (someone should talk to him about protective gear):

2zrdcgp.jpg

2ebfk9x.jpg