Area Created for FJR Riders in the '09 IBR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been out and about just completed a 1K to make sure all is in working order. I'm planning a tire change in Spartanburg and possibly one at second checkpoint. So 20 huh and WC is holding the money <_< . Sounds good I'm in, hope I can get past tech inspect now :blink:

I'm in for $20.

Last decent ride today before the long haul to SC.

See you guys in a few.

Terry

Alright kiddies, I'm out of the rally. Long story but much bigger priorities have set in and I can't do it.

I'll be bringing Greg his spare rims, and will also bring out some misc tools including a front wheel stand for you'se guys to use.

I've offered my services to Lisa, so if she needs an extra hand I won't be available to help out. If she doesn't need my assistance, I'll be there to help whoever needs it.

Jeez Art, that's sad to hear.

Hope you get a chance to ride the rally another time, must be gut wrenching at this point in the game.

Take care and see you at the 2nd Chk. pt.

Terry

Its been questionable for a few months now. I did all of the prep work I could knowing that at the last minute this could happen. Unfortunately luck is not on my side at the moment. I decided that my heart and mind were not in the game and that could only lead to danger while on the road. Not something I needed on an 11 day rally.

I'm still willing to help my friends anyway I can, so as long as Lisa doesn't need me for something, I'll be there to help with tires and oil changes.

Hal, I may take you up on that offer. I'll shoot you an email tomorrow about some other stuff as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Art, IMHO you are making a smart and mature decision based upon the situation with you Mother. I have prayers for you Mother. I feel that you will get another opportunity to do the IBR. I will miss seeing you in SC and hope to see you at Santa Ana.

OK gang this is it. I'm heading over to my neighbors for a nice home cooked meal, and then I am OUTTA HERE. Let's all get there safely. Can't start the rally if you crash on the way there. See everybody in a few days.

Let's all get there safely. Can't start the rally if you crash on the way there.
At least you guys are on motorcycles that are earthbound.

I have to fly to the Start Line, so I am *really* hoping to avoid any incidents on the way there... or back! :eek:

On the plus side.... I am one of the Scorers there at Checkpoint 2, and also at the Finish in Spokane. So the Pelican Case-equipped K8 will get the nod for carrying the laptop from Washington state to Santa Ana, and return... B)

high_rt_qtr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading out for Spartanburg tomorrow Sunday 16 August at 0600 on I 40. Plan on arriving there on Wednesday 19 August and check in to Marriott. Hope all of you have a safe, trouble free ride or flight there. See you in the hotel. To All, thanks for your assistance and teaching me about running the rallies. Hope I have learned sufficiently to do well. I have asked a lot of questions to several of you and as always the answers have been helpful and useful.

Good luck everyone (especially those of you who must include an airport in your travel plans). See ya'll in Santa Land, err, uh Santa Ana.