Area Created for FJR Riders in the '09 IBR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys:

Thanks Matt for setting this up.

Also, real sorry to hear that GZ and Tom won't be there, but at least that means if I finish, I'll be a couple of places higher. :yahoo:

I'm riding an '08 FJR, traded in my '04 about 14 months ago. Sold the BMW to Chris Ogden, who has done many rallies, including the '07 Spank. Did really well from the deer strike on the BMW, as the insurance co. paid me $9k+ and then I fixed it mostly myself and at a local dealer for about $4k.

Doug Webb is riding a BMW Adventure. He was too uncomfortable on the FJR. I have to thank Doug BIG time as he did most of the farkling on my bike, lights, aux. tank and other stuff.

Mike Collins who lives in Portland and also has an '08 FJR is riding down to the 2nd checkpoint to exchange wheels (so I have almost new tires) with my bike.

I spoke to Lisa yesterday to ask her if we can move our bikes from the "staging" area at check point 2 after we have checked in? Need this to make it easier to change out the wheels. She said, "absolutely ok". I also asked her how many riders were in the rally and she said 100.

I plan to leave on Saturday night (15th), and have new tires waiting at a dealer in SC (hopefully).

Looking forward to seeing you guys in three weeks

Terry

I think it would be sporting to have some sort of lottery related to us FJR riders?? Perhaps use most overall points or most total miles, or conversely most points with least miles. Perhaps best average points per mile. Of course in order to be the winner, you must be a finisher at all three checkpoints.

comments??

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your idea of most efficient FJR rider, but I'm still riding the edge on if I'll make it or not so I don't want to commit to a lottery.

I think it would be sporting to have some sort of lottery related to us FJR riders?? Perhaps use most overall points or most total miles, or conversely most points with least miles. Perhaps best average points per mile. Of course in order to be the winner, you must be a finisher at all three checkpoints.comments??

I think a reasonable fee to get in the lottery it would be helpful in deferring some rally expenses for the winner.
Perhaps cover the lottery winner's beer budget at the finish? :drinks:

Covering expenses sounds like a sponsor :big_boss: :rolleyes:

I think it would be sporting to have some sort of lottery related to us FJR riders?? Perhaps use most overall points or most total miles, or conversely most points with least miles. Perhaps best average points per mile. Of course in order to be the winner, you must be a finisher at all three checkpoints.comments??

I think a reasonable fee to get in the lottery it would be helpful in deferring some rally expenses for the winner.
Perhaps cover the lottery winner's beer budget at the finish? :drinks:

Covering expenses sounds like a sponsor :big_boss: :rolleyes:
Grand idea Dick, much better than my idea. See, I can learn from you old Pro's???

Thanks Matt, I was on a little vacay and got burnt to a crisp. I have so much to do and planned on putting the hammer down in this last Month. I guess I'll be delayed a bit as it's too painful to move right now.

Catfish on is another NY rider who is in on an 07

Hey Ya'll.

I'm out of the Show due to severe economic constraints here at the home office.

You ride safe and prepare for the journey of a lifetime.

Best of skill to you all.

GZ

OK..... big problem here.... we have yet ANOTHER member of this fine august group who is here under false pretenses. :unsure:

He also owns a FJR1300.... but he appears to want to ride his GIRL-STROM in the Big Show!!!

I'll let this fine gentlemen out himself if he's incline to... so man up, and explain yourself!!!!!! :assassin:

OK..... big problem here.... we have yet ANOTHER member of this fine august group who is here under false pretenses. :unsure:
He also owns a FJR1300.... but he appears to want to ride his GIRL-STROM in the Big Show!!!

I'll let this fine gentlemen out himself if he's incline to... so man up, and explain yourself!!!!!! :assassin:
I sold mine so it's not me.

Dear GodFather, I can not tell you a lie!! I did cut down the Cherry Tree. I did buy a "Girly" WeeStrom,vintage 2009, as a backup hedge against my beloved 06 FJR 1300 AE, all rallied up in configuration, but suffering from an acute case of electrical grounding failure, not being able to perform. The AE is now back in rally shape to take on the challenge of 11 days & lots of miles.

Adding to my honesty with you my GodFather, I did post on ADV rider forum that I was searching for a fuel cell for the Wee in case it was needed for the Big Show. As my luck would have it, an LDR from the NW USA hooked me up with a WeeStrom cell that was manufactured (circa 2004) by a gentleman named Ron Smith. It was advertisted as being checked out in a previous IBR by an official Tech Inspector. It should be delivered to my abode next week.

GodFather, please believe me and rest assured that I shall forever love and cherish my FJR and only checked in with a Wee as it perhaps is a more appropriate for a man soon to enter the seventh decade.

Finally, I must also explain that I enjoy riding in "Flower Sniffing" mode on the meager 650 V twin and exclaim to all the MC world, "It sure ain't in the same class as the Yami FJR 1300, no way and never will be".

I pray that this confession is adequate and that you will absolve me of my sins. Thank you my GodFather, truly I thank you. The AE is my steed for this rally, you can place money on that. :dribble:

Turbo you are the greatest. :clapping:

Now back to the gambling...I am definitely in. How about $20 a head. Most efficient FJR rider (points per mile) takes the pot. You DNF you lose your ante. The Godfather holds the kitty for 11 days.

Little early to arrive for the 2nd check point but good to see where we'll be hanging out for a few hours in one months time.

5 story hotel in a business area, with underground parking. There is some parking up top to the right, but not sure where her ladyship plans for us to be. Mobile gas station pretty close.

Quiznos across the street. :clapping:

606246153_DbZGx-L.jpg

Just here for you.

Terry

See ya at the tech inspection tent! Be sure to keep your scoring paperwork in order, cuz you may find yourself across the table from me at scoring and I've been trained by Tom Austin. cross your i's and dot your t's.

If you're reading this...you're in a private forum area for FJR riders that are in the '09 IBR. Feel free to share. The only people that have access to this are FJR riders in the '09 IBR, Admins (cause they have access to everything and won't interfere), and people working with the IBR (like Kaitsdad).
Riders

Ignacio (Matt Watkins)

Skooterg (Greg Marbach)

vectervp1 (Art Montoya)

gofar (Dick Peek)

turbodave_98 (Dave Hicks)

YankeeFeejer - Bob St. George

ssfd110 - Michael Evans

NMdcporter - Dave Porter

jwhite518 - Jerry White

tel - Terry Neale

catfish - ?

cal24master - Tom Melchild

beeroux - George Zelenz

Still Trying to Find Forum Handle

Alan Barbic

Checkpoint Assistance

Kaitsdad (Hal Risser)

GunMD (Scott Wright)

whats up with all you folks? this thread has grown cold. we are getting closer to D day. Hope all is well with you guys.

whats up with all you folks? this thread has grown cold. we are getting closer to D day. Hope all is well with you guys.
Heading out this am on a final runaround before leaving for SC. Quick roundtrip to San Diego for a family event. Then I'll have the mileage on the front to decide if I change it here, or put it on in SC. I'm planning to arrive Wed like you Dave. May follow the great circle route, but may make it the 'shortest' for practice in case 'efficiency' is the deciding factor in the beer lottery! :assassin: