Argentina GP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdrasher

Reaction score
If you saw the race Sunday, you'll understand the pic.

3 penalties in one race.......
whistle.gif

1 ride through penalty due to reversing direction on starting grid to get back into position after stalling the bike
nono.gif

1 drop a position due to running into Espargaro
nono.gif

1 30 sec penalty due to running into Rossi and causing him to crash
nono.gif

OBK8xWQl.png

Last edited by a moderator:
MM is a lot worse than Simoncelli was, I hope he gets a one race ban, and that Italian tv crew successfully delivers the cup of s__t they tried to award him after delaying Rossi a few years back.

I generally don't hold anything against Marquez for his aggressive riding, but this race was just a bit much. I admit I don't watch Moto2, so I don't have a frame of reference here. But those hits against Espargaro and Rossi were insane. I agree he got off easy.

MM got off easy! He stalls the bike in the grid, bump starts it - (brilliant), ignores being sent to pit lane for the start, then plays bumper cars as he comes through the pack from the back after his penalty. Most any other riders would have been black flagged, or at best start the next race from the back of the grid. Everything else said, that man can really ride!

I think MM should be given at least a 1 race suspension, be fined and lose championship point and team points for Honda and be placed on a 1 year probation.

I am all for being aggressive and racing hard, but he was clearly over the line and endangering other riders. When you enter a corner and hit another rider on the inside near the foot peg, and essentially punt them off the track, you have clearly demonstrated that you are not in control of your machine and need to be sat down to think about it. They should have black flagged him immediately and sat him down for the rest of the race. Especially since it was the second incident on track already. Rossi is a big boy and can handle himself. But MM was absolutely in the wrong. The things that Dorna has done in the past have not gotten his attention. Dorna needs to do more to get his and Honda's attention.

If Marquez would just be patient and make the proper passes he would still have come out in the top 10. Whether you like him or not he is one great rider. It will make for a great rivalry in Austin. Glad I will be there to see it.

He should have been DQd, but Expletivedeleta is in bed with PUig. Marquezs only real friend out there is Lorenzo, but Lorenzo is a non-issue these days. Contracts will be negotiated soon. Lorenzo will be humiliated.

Another penalty for Marquez at COTA yesterday for riding slow on the racing line and messing up a hot lap for Vinales during qualifying. He would have started on pole but now will line up in 4th.

Watching Bein telecast was almost a pleasure today due to the announcing crew of Greg White and Reg Pridmore (iirc) instead of the usual GP dorks this year. No comment on the winner.

Ok Scoot, How 'bout an update ? Was it fun ? Did you take photos ? Was the ambulance cool enough ? Inspiring minds want to know !

Bobby