Arkansas All Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to your (TBA) riding group, but have been wanting to ride in that area and this look's like a great ride. I hope it would be all right for me to follow along.

I'll be leaving from Lancaster, OH Thursday morning. If anyone's from this area and going down, maybe we could meet up for the trip down.

Fred

I'm new to your (TBA) riding group, but have been wanting to ride in that area and this look's like a great ride. I hope it would be all right for me to follow along.
I'll be leaving from Lancaster, OH Thursday morning. If anyone's from this area and going down, maybe we could meet up for the trip down.

Fred
Just be sure you have looked at the route and have a good map or GPS. I don't believe this is a group ride as everybody will be going out on their pace...but more everybody doing their own ride along the same route. I am really looking forward to this ride and the good weather on Saturday and Sunday....though Friday's weather will have more moisture associated with it. :)

I look forward to meeting you down there.

EDIT: Is Clinton in a "dry" county? Can I buy beer there or do I need to bring some beer over from MO on the way down?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred
Just be sure you have looked at the route and have a good map or GPS. I don't believe this is a group ride as everybody will be going out on their pace...but more everybody doing their own ride along the same route. I am really looking forward to this ride and the good weather on Saturday and Sunday....though Friday's weather will have more moisture associated with it. :)

I look forward to meeting you down there.

EDIT: Is Clinton in a "dry" county? Can I buy beer there or do I need to bring some beer over from MO on the way down?
You guys have a great time...and ride safe

I'm pretty sure it's dry. More counties are than not.

Thunderstorms tomorrow, but should be great weather by the weekend. You guys be safe and watch out for the damn deer.

I plan on heading out early on Thur morning, really looking forward to meeting all you guys and riding this excellent route (AAD500).

In case anyone is interested the link below is to my SPOT tracker:

TBA Ride - AAD500

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure it's dry. More counties are than not.

Thunderstorms tomorrow, but should be great weather by the weekend. You guys be safe and watch out for the damn deer.
Thanks Rushes. I'll be bringing in some Missouri beer, although I'm sure Clinton will be wet by the time I get there. :)

I'll strap the keg to the bike tonite. It might look like a fuel cell but we all know what it really holds. :drinks:

Scott,

Renee is fighting a flu bug and Nick the Marine is now in pharmacy school in Little Rock, but some way we are going to pull this all together. Got our room under your name just now and loaded Nick's bike in the pickup. Some how or some way we will see you guys this weekend. Nick is a twisty butt 500 but I may just chase Renee around for 300 or so. I can't catch her sooner than that on the R1's.

Thanks for organizing this.

Renee and Al

Heber Guy

Can somebody post up where the available gas stops are?If they know...and it is convenient for them to do so?
Mark I will have several Arkansas maps, marked with the route(s) Will have gas stops marked on there as well. Not to worry there are plenty of gas stops!

I'm new to your (TBA) riding group, but have been wanting to ride in that area and this look's like a great ride. I hope it would be all right for me to follow along. I'll be leaving from Lancaster, OH Thursday morning. If anyone's from this area and going down, maybe we could meet up for the trip down.

Fred
It'll be great to have you fjr183, come on down!

Scott,Renee is fighting a flu bug and Nick the Marine is now in pharmacy school in Little Rock, but some way we are going to pull this all together. Got our room under your name just now and loaded Nick's bike in the pickup. Some how or some way we will see you guys this weekend. Nick is a twisty butt 500 but I may just chase Renee around for 300 or so. I can't catch her sooner than that on the R1's.

Thanks for organizing this.

Renee and Al

Heber Guy
Alright Al! Maybe Renee will be feeling better by then, I hope! Tell Nick theres probably a couple of other sport bike riders from Memphis, that will be there, they maybe crazier than he is!! :lol:

OK boys...forecast for the weekend still looks good. Sunny and mid 60's both Saturday and Sunday.

I ain't looking at it no more. However, I have been watching James' Spot tracker progress through Florida and into Alabama. He is a Monster!!!

Got new oil and fresh tires...heading out in the morning. Ya'll ride safe on the way and we'll c'ya there,

Mark

Hey guys I just came down from Eureka Springs today and the roads were passable, some water and gravel is about it. I went down 21 to 16 and over to Clinton then back home down 65 to Bryant. I will see yall in Clinton bright and early in the AM, really looking forward to this ride!

I'd heard there was some flooded roads but according to AHTD everything on our route looks good :)

https://www.arkansashighways.com/Road/mapopt.htm

I plan on heading out early on Thur morning, really looking forward to meeting all you guys and riding this excellent route (AAD500).In case anyone is interested the link below is to my SPOT tracker:

TBA Ride - AAD500

freking animal here! 2400 +/- miles round trip, not counting the AAD!
Yeah, that's JamesK! 3k miles in a coupla days is no big deal for that crazy man! His ass is seriously made from a ferrous material.

-BD

We'll probably see you guys up in the mountains sometime tomorrow. Not doing the ride to Clinton to start out, but will be riding some of the same roads, so if you see a slow old man on an '04 with his wife, that'll be me. I know she wants to eat at Oark for lunch...