Arkansas All Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Fantastic weekend. Waiting for news about Fred and hope all is well for him.

Nick is back studying in Little Rock.

Renee still sick but on her way to Hot Springs.

Me just typing in Heber Springs and thinking how much I enjoyed the company, the riding and thankful to the organizers.

Even though Renee and I only got in a Twisty Cheek 250 instead of a full BUTT we are looking forward to the next event.

Regards to all.

Nick, Renee, Al <Heber Guy> :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wow!! Great weekend... :yahoo:

One of the best ever. :clapping:

I got in about 5:30pm Wheaton std time. Murph and I left at 6am this morning..a little foggy in spots, but overall a great trip.

I will post up more later after I eat pizza with wheaton JR.

Hope somebody took pictures..wifey had the camera this weekend. :assassin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it home. I can't say enough about how great a trip this was and what a great group of guys. Will post up more later.

Just got home a little while ago, total mileage 2,983 have been sweating my ass off since a little before Orlando, the temp was 86F @84mph (for the record though, I was targeting 70mph :) ).

Scott & Mark, THANK YOU very much for all the work you have put into organizing and making this event happen. Many people have talked about organizing a TwistyButt, butt (pun intended) you guys went and did it. I hope there is an even bigger turnout for the next one.

This was both the most challenging and most fun "any kind of butt" event I've ever done, and I am totally stocked that I was able to attend and complete the AAD500.

As I kept saying, the gauntlet has definably been thrown, so anyone out there who thinks they "can do lots of twisties", now has a measuring stick to go by - the AAD500!

This is our actual route captured by my GPS:

It was great meeting you guys again and many great new folks.

Hope to hear some good news about Fred.

A big thank you to Glen (Kirrilian) for his help with getting a new rear tire organized, my original front just made it home. But the prize for hard-core dedication to completing the AAD500 must go to Glen, he not only got to the cords, he wore through the steel cords on the other half the tire :)

IMG_5958.jpg
IMG_5960.jpg

Heck mine looks good compared to his

IMG_5956.jpg

I came up on this little gem in Prattville, AL

IMG_5965.jpg
IMG_5963.jpg

Saw this posted outside a small gas station shop somewhere on the outskirts of Georgia on one of my runs up to GA.

It's this kind of thing that adds a whole other dimension of fun to traveling on a bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home a little while ago, total mileage 2,983 have been sweating my ass off since a little before Orlando, the temp was 86F @84mph (for the record though, I was targeting 70mph :) ).
WOW...2983 miles...you have an Iron Butt and Twisty Butt!

It was great to meet you and we look forward to another gathering.

Mark, as promised I've scanned in the AAD500 Logo, which can now be added to your Signature on the forums. I am sure the quality of the icon would be better if you request the image file from the printer who made up the sticker.

Code:
[img=https://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/klauzja/GR%20Post%20Pics/TBA%20AAD500/TBAAAD500Logo-Sig.png]

Sweet, I got me some icons for my sig!

BTW, I have some tires on the way and will have them on this weekend hopefully. Of course, the weather this week is just awesome and it will be rainy next week after I get my tires put on, figures!

Glad everyone enjoyed the event. I know I had a blast as well. I was surprised at how people 'stepped up' to complete the route. 2up, trashed rear tire, deciding to ride on in the dark to get in just in time, riding 1200 miles one way just to get there, etc. You guys and gals deserved more than a trophy and a sticker!

Hope to see you all at the next one. Until then...

ride safe,

Mark

We will be making this trip again real soon. This time with camera ready to capture some of the awesome scenery and it will not be done in under 12 hours either!

We haven't heard any report from Fred, has anyone else?

We will be making this trip again real soon. This time with camera ready to capture some of the awesome scenery and it will not be done in under 12 hours either!
We haven't heard any report from Fred, has anyone else?
OK, who's Fred and why hasn't anyone been in contact with him? :dntknw:

Fred is fjr183 from SE Ohio.

He attended the event and had a getoff on a downhill decreasing lefthander. He is who I and the "twins" and others stopped for...his accident was long before we arrived at the scene...so the first responders were taking care of him, as well as fellow riders. He got an ambulance ride and had some broken bones.

He responded to my pm recently and is on his way back to SE Ohio. Any other information, you will need to PM Fred.

Fred is fjr183 from SE Ohio.
He attended the event and had a getoff on a downhill decreasing lefthander. He is who I and the "twins" and others stopped for...his accident was long before we arrived at the scene...so the first responders were taking care of him, as well as fellow riders. He got an ambulance ride and had some broken bones.

He responded to my pm recently and is on his way back to SE Ohio. Any other information, you will need to PM Fred.
Dang! This is the first I've heard of it.

Hate to hear that. Hope things go well...

I'm re glad everyone enjoyed the ride (except I dont think Fred had as much fun).

I have been out of town and a little under the weather, but I will post up my pics this next week.

I heard from Fred yesterday, he is out of the hospital and sounds like he is getting around. In fact, he was at that lil mexican joint we had supper at that night LOL

He said he messed up his hand and pelvis and will have to take some time to recover, not sure how the bike fared since he hadn't picked it up yet.

He was a bit miffed that he couldn't find his rum at the motel tho, I told him the fellas probably drank it! :)

He also said he is definitely interested in doing another one when he heals up.