Arkansas Here We Come

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
Leaving Albany, New York tomorrow morning for the Ozarks. A friend and I are heading out for a 9 day trip through the Ozarks and then east to the Smokies. Tomorrow we'll be in Cincinnati, OH and then Russellville, AR on Monday. We'll spend three days in Russellville and then Memphis, Knoxville and finally West Virginia.

This will be the first trip on the new FJR. I can't wait to hit the road.

I just returned from my 10 day trip. We rode down from New York in two days and then stayed three nights in Russellville, AR. We rode two days north and one day south. The roads were in really good shape with little traffic. We tried to hit as many roads from the Arkansas motorcycling guide as we could. It's hard to go wrong with any of the roads in the guide. Day six took us from Memphis to Knoxville and we then rode the Cherahola Skyway, Deals Gap, Foothills Parkway and Smokey Mountain National Park on day seven. Day eight took us to the Blue Ridge Parkway where we rode north from Boone NC to the northern end. Day nine was spent exploring West Virginia and then home.

It was a great trip until day nine when I stopped on a very off camber road and put my left foot down on the low side. The bike leaned over an extra few inches and I couldn't hold it. My brand new 2016 was laying on the road! lots of scratched plastic and the stator cover.

I hope the residents of our state were good to you. Did you get up to Oark for a burger? ;)

There's also a good burger place in Russellville -- CJ's Burger Boy just north of I-40 on highway 7 is quite good. They only do burgers, but they do 'em right.

RacinRay posted: It was a great trip until day nine when I stopped on a very off camber road and put my left foot down on the low side. The bike leaned over an extra few inches and I couldn't hold it. My brand new 2016 was laying on the road! lots of scratched plastic and the stator cover.
Condolences, RacinRay. Had the same tragic experience Labor Day weekend in the woods of north Georgia. Oh well. (My mirror is OK. Is yours?)

Just keep thinking, "Chicks dig scars." Doesn't seem to be as bad when you remember where you were when it happened.

Thanks, luckily the mirror and its mount survived the fall. Just a banged up bike and ego. I also have a pretty good limp! But, no broken bones.

I'm debating whether or not to make an insurance claim and fix the bike or just live with it. I'll talk to my agent tomorrow.