Attack of the Twisties

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pictures of the fall in the Southern Sierras! :clapping:

I however, would not be comfortable in the large groups you congregate. I am in awe you ride with so many! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG0257-X2.jpg
Tyler, I think this one is my current favorite so far. Thanks!
I have to agree with Dearheart on this, Tyler

Outstanding!

Outstanding!
Have to agree with both of you, but then, I love Yokohl Valley Rd. Used to ride it every time I took this route south to see my Dad in L.A. before he died in '09 (as well as much of the route you rode and depict here). Yokohl Valley is really pretty in the spring when it's all green. Balch Park was someplace we used to go camping when I was a kid, so it was always a nostalgia trip when Yokohl Valley Rd. ended and the name changed from there to the southern side down to Springville, which has a separate set of way back memories.

Thanks for the fine replay of memories, Tyler -- that southern Sierra, western side route is one of the most nostalgic routes in the state for me. Outstanding photos and commentary, as usual. :clapping:

Great photos! :clapping:
Thanks, Wheaty... put those on your list for the next Illinois Rolling Cluster Feck!! ;)

Great report! Can't believe that road construction is still the same as 1 1/2 years ago when we were there! (well ya it don't suprize me) Lake Hume (couldn't remember the name of that place) is such a pretty spot!
Yeah, I'd heard the name but never been there... in fact, hadn't been to KC or SNP ever so it was a real treat! Well, except for the road construction but even that wasn't too bad since the view was spectacular! B)

Another great report and some beautiful pics ! Thanks!
Danke schoen!

Great report young lady, I'm a bit jealous here. The roads are starting to fill with wet leaves so they will be a bit nasty for a while! Looks like a great weekend.
You know where we are, Kev... you are welcome anytime, m'friend! :)

Excellent photos. Most of the area you rode through was land I managed for 30 years. Many of the roads were ones that were built during my administration. Most were constructed for logging purposes, but one of the standards we used insured they were paved. Unfortunately with all the law suits over logging, maintenance on the roads has about stopped.

Good you rode them now, as they are not going to get any better.

Bruce

AKA Longrider
I can't imagine driving a logging truck on some of those roads given how narrow and twisty they were... guess you gotta do what you gotta do to get it done, yah? I'd have to say the majority of the roads were in good shape except one or two sections... scenery made up for any lack in smooth pavement. :D

Those are hands down the best photos I have seen on any forum. The one with the Spyder in the curve should be in an ad for Can-Am. Looks like y'all had a great time, thanks for taking me on the trip.
Hmmmm... maybe I'll have to send it in and see what they say! :D

Wow...outstanding report Tyler and very tasty roads y'all have down thar!!

Take me on a tour one of these days...please?!? :)

--G
Let's look at our calendars for next year and put a plan in place, k? B)

Great ride report and photos. Thanks for sharing.
Danke! :D

Very nice pictures of the fall in the Southern Sierras! :clapping:

I however, would not be comfortable in the large groups you congregate. I am in awe you ride with so many! :ph34r:
To each their own... we often broke off into smaller subgroups along the way or even just going solo at times. I know and have ridden with most of these folks for years and would trust them with my life... in fact, I have with some of them. ;)

Tyler,

Great RR and pictures, thanks for sharing them with us.. :yahoo:
Thanks, Marcus! :)

Outstanding!
Was one of my favorites as well... I brought along my smaller camera so I could take shots while on the move since I knew I wouldn't be able to stop as much as I normally do. Was very pleased with the results most of the time! :)

You and I think alike, m'friend... this was one of my favorites as well... I almost didn't take it but thought what the hell... it's all digital so I can always delete it... liked how it almost looks like a painting... very peaceful right there. B)

I would never question the judgement of Niehart or MEM, but for my money, this one's the monster.....

Really great work, Tyler Risk!

It could use more swearing and sexual innuendo, but this is one HELLUVA bunch of photos, kid.

Thanks for taking the time to shoot 'em and share 'em.
FUCK YEAH!!!

That better? :lol:

Wow! Great RR Tyler!

I gotta get to some of those places.
You in a time out or something? Get your ass out here, boy! :D

GREAT RR tyler! Is there any way you can post a map with your route highlighted on it? Looks like you all had a great time.
The links are at the beginning of each day's adventures but here they area again:

DAY ONE

https://tinyurl.com/92y4f5h

DAY TWO

https://tinyurl.com/98auatl

DAY THREE

https://tinyurl.com/9vvz62k

Great stuff. I'd love to ride those roads some day
Thanks, Joe... when you coming out? :yahoo:

Ya'll are just riding & living the dream in CA all the time aren't ya!!! :dribble:
Yup... same goes for you... when you gonna come out and live it with us at least for a little while? B)

thank you for posting up them very nice pictures! Roads I need to ride if I can get out of town
It's just waiting for you, Tom... B)

Have to agree with both of you, but then, I love Yokohl Valley Rd. Used to ride it every time I took this route south to see my Dad in L.A. before he died in '09 (as well as much of the route you rode and depict here). Yokohl Valley is really pretty in the spring when it's all green. Balch Park was someplace we used to go camping when I was a kid, so it was always a nostalgia trip when Yokohl Valley Rd. ended and the name changed from there to the southern side down to Springville, which has a separate set of way back memories.

Thanks for the fine replay of memories, Tyler -- that southern Sierra, western side route is one of the most nostalgic routes in the state for me. Outstanding photos and commentary, as usual. :clapping:
Glad to bring some good times back in the forefront of the memory banks, Rich... I haven't ever been out in that area but it sure does make an impression on a person at any age! Maybe I'll have to go back out there in the springtime... B)

Absolutely awesome pictures, sista'! We definitely need to ride together sometime. It just looks like you have so much fun! Great picture taking.

Ya know Tyler, if you're gonna keep posting pictures that make me drool on my keyboard. I'm going to have to stop reading your ride reports.

NOT! Dare I say Fabulous

thank you for posting up them very nice pictures! Roads I need to ride if I can get out of town
If you bring Pam with you, I'll put you up when you pass through here. :p

Tyler, I was really torn--didn't decide "north" or "south" till the night before I left here on Wednesday, and the coin came up north. On the plus side, I've still got these two parks to see sometime. Nice RR too, btw.