Attack of the Twisties

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and I think alike, m'friend... this was one of my favorites as well... I almost didn't take it but thought what the hell... it's all digital so I can always delete it... liked how it almost looks like a painting... very peaceful right there. B)

I would never question the judgement of Niehart or MEM, but for my money, this one's the monster.....

DSC3105-X2.jpg
Really great work, Tyler Risk!

It could use more swearing and sexual innuendo, but this is one HELLUVA bunch of photos, kid.

Thanks for taking the time to shoot 'em and share 'em.
FUCK YEAH!!!

That better? :lol:

It's a start :lol:

I'm with Mikey on this one. :clapping: :clapping:

Excellent report Tyler

Tyler,

I'm with the Bug and OM, really like the "trees" shot. Nice to see different perspectives of my own back yard. It makes me appreciate living where I do even more as I get to ride a lot of those twisty bits often. The next time you're in the Dunlap area, try and work in Hwy 245 from 180 down to 198. It's on my absolute favorite list for technical twisties and IMHO one of the best roads anywhere! Glad you had good weather and your photos are top cabin!

Absolutely awesome pictures, sista'! We definitely need to ride together sometime. It just looks like you have so much fun! Great picture taking.
I think that's a fantastic idea... when do we leave? :D

Ya know Tyler, if you're gonna keep posting pictures that make me drool on my keyboard. I'm going to have to stop reading your ride reports.

NOT! Dare I say Fabulous
Thanks, Karl... now I know what to get you for Christmas this year! ;)

IMG_0077425x600.jpg

Great pictures! I was in King's Canyon and Sequoia National park on my mini-van this summer. Does that count?
You bet! In my personal experiences, it really doesn't matter how many wheels it takes to get you there... just get there! :D

Tyler, I was really torn--didn't decide "north" or "south" till the night before I left here on Wednesday, and the coin came up north. On the plus side, I've still got these two parks to see sometime. Nice RR too, btw.
No worries, Mikey... north is a good direction too! How was your adventure?? :)

I'm with Mikey on this one. :clapping: :clapping:

Excellent report Tyler
Thanks, Bugger... we're thinking of returning to the area in the springtime next year... maybe you and Gayle can join us on the HP (HondaPotamus)! B)

Tyler,

I'm with the Bug and OM, really like the "trees" shot. Nice to see different perspectives of my own back yard. It makes me appreciate living where I do even more as I get to ride a lot of those twisty bits often. The next time you're in the Dunlap area, try and work in Hwy 245 from 180 down to 198. It's on my absolute favorite list for technical twisties and IMHO one of the best roads anywhere! Glad you had good weather and your photos are top cabin!
I saw the signs for 245 and tucked that away for future reference... thanks for the info... just amazes me how many gems are out there just waiting to be found. B)

Great pictures and RR. I have a folder of pictures I use for wallpaper which is the best of pictures from this forum and I just added some gems from this RR. Thanks....

Aril and Curt...

DSC3094-XL.jpg
I've eaten at the Happy Burger diner many a-time.. last time was Richard and crew back in October last year...

IMG_0075.jpg

Great pictures and storytelling as usual. I'm gonna try and hit some of the roads on the way south at Thanksgiving if the weather permits...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your report is as always fantastic. Your photos are so good I don't have the words to describe them. You always seem to be in the best of moods and that helps make a great report even better.

The only negative I have is that I am embarassed to have my Ride Report posted on the same forum page as yours. Next to the perfection you always post, I am a rank amateur.

Thank you for posting.

Great pictures and RR. I have a folder of pictures I use for wallpaper which is the best of pictures from this forum and I just added some gems from this RR. Thanks....
Most welcome, Boomer... it makes me happy that the photos bring smiles to others... maybe one of these days you'll be out here so you can ride some of them in person! B)

I've eaten at the Happy Burger diner many a-time.. last time was Richard and crew back in October last year...
S'funny, Russ... I've heard of this place so many times from other riders, I really thought I HAD eaten there!! :lol: Pretty impressive menu and everything was pretty dang good imo! :D

The only negative I have is that I am embarassed to have my Ride Report posted on the same forum page as yours. Next to the perfection you always post, I am a rank amateur.
Here's the thing, Red... the imagery has taken several years of practice to get the hang of... for every "good" photo, there have been least 10 that didn't work... process of time and elimination... if you go out and explore the world, any image is a good one if you share it with others along with a few words of your experience... it's something we all share and, most of the time, relate to...

And sheep... with this group, sheep is a big plus... :blink:

Well done Tyler - I always look forward to reading your adventures and you never disappoint.

My wife and I toured King's Canyon and Giant Sequoia via cage a few years back. It was a wonderful trip and even to this day, we still talk alot about it. In particular, I remember eating only horse food during the day, stopping in the valleys at any road side stand with fresh produce or whatever. The fruit was absolutely delicious.

Those twisty road shots are so teasing. One day I will ride out west.

Tyler,

Awesome pictures!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Those are some really nice roads. Love the reflections on the water and the vast open spaces (the pic with the colored benches on the open field).

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the photos, live in Tulare CA took this ride many times. Yokohl valley road is pretty rough. The wife and I ride up in the spring when the wild flowers are blooming.

Last edited by a moderator:
In particular, I remember eating only horse food during the day, stopping in the valleys at any road side stand with fresh produce or whatever. The fruit was absolutely delicious.
Will have to try that the next time we are out there... The Horse Food Run!! :lol:

Tyler,

Awesome pictures!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Those are some really nice roads. Love the reflections on the water and the vast open spaces (the pic with the colored benches on the open field).

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, Nik!! :)

Thanks for the photos, live in Tulare CA took this ride many times. Yokohl valley road is pretty rough. The wife and I ride up in the spring when the wild flowers are blooming.
Re Yokohl Valley Rd. - um, yeah... understatement!! :eek: Bet it's gorgeous in the springtime when it's all green... B)