Auburn's FJR's Fall Tech Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panman

Reaction score
Thank you Bryan & Marissa for hosting what your 14th Tech Day? Two a year, you guys are too generous!

I snapped a few shots, not really a big turn out, no big projects but a fun group. A nice day.

Left my place at Six so I could meet Gorgeous George at Ten to Seven in Monroe to ride over to Carnation where we all meet and have coffee and kick tires before heading south.

The ride south prove entertaining at best as Hwy 18 was close at 90 headed south so we had to do some detouring only to run into a festival in Issaquah got thru that then did some back Rd's to get to the other side of Tiger Mt and back on 18. We rode another five or six mile and what the heck? 18 was closed again! After some more detouring and staring at our GPS screens while winding around the Rd's tell George where to go and laughing a lot we finally get there.

So here are a few photos hanging with friends.

Always a star at any event I give you Gorgeous George!

DSCN8310_zpsbaunwi9i.jpg

I didn't get any pictures of the breakfast that Marissa put on for us (I was eating) but we also had a nice lunch put out for us.

Colleen and David bringing food.

DSCN8319_zpsslx002gh.jpg

DSCN8320_zpsidha64oa.jpg

Food, good Food!

DSCN8322_zpsaszjv515.jpg

That fist Croc had split pea, Good Split Pea

Our hostess Marissa taking good care of us!

DSCN8315_zps6y4rc0us.jpg

Fork less FJR's

DSCN8316_zpswwkfvylb.jpg

The Master and Host working.

DSCN8312_zpsxbqwlfcw.jpg

DSCN8323_zpsepsqwfox.jpg

Bench Racers Jay & Steve

DSCN8313_zpsncn8ua4q.jpg

The shop.

DSCN8317_zpsepyolh3o.jpg

DSCN8318_zpsavodfppq.jpg

And I'll leave you with this.......................................................................................................................

DSCN8325_zpsdivtmexo.jpg

We have good peeps here in the Nor Wet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Panman, great pictures! Looks like a good time and no one starved.....like that would happen around here.

Not often you see Dave without pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bryan and Marissa for another great day, great food and great folks. Theo had great time with Charlie.

Marissa and Bryan what great hosts you are! The food was beyond belief and the camaraderie was something to experience. I met some new lifelong friends.

Garry

Took me 80+miles around the long way counting the part about up 90 to 18 and back down to 405 and out the valley. Well worth the effort as always such a pleasurable get together, host and hostess are pluses beyond description, thanks to all for another great get together. Nice pics Panman.

You NW peeps all have great smiles on your faces and from the looks of your bikes, keep them in tip-top shape.

Wonder what would happen to those smiles if a Florida rider showed up with a bike such as mine (?)
weirdsmiley.gif

Thanks for posting the pics - name tags are a great idea. Can you define the members by handles for me?

You NW peeps all have great smiles on your faces and from the looks of your bikes, keep them in tip-top shape.

Wonder what would happen to those smiles if a Florida rider showed up with a bike such as mine (?)
weirdsmiley.gif

Thanks for posting the pics - name tags are a great idea. Can you define the members by handles for me?
We have had many a traveler pass through over the years. We could have your maintenance done here so you are good to get home. Can't be over 72 hours for you to get home
smile.png

I give you Gorgeous George!

Boom chikka wow wow! He really IS gorgeous.And don't get me started on those wickedly enticing man-nipples.

Seriously, this is a really great event, and one day I hope to attend one of 'em.

Very well done!

You PNW dudes are the best.
OM, it's not that far for you top make a weekend out of coming up.

weirdsmiley.gif

We have had many a traveler pass through over the years. We could have your maintenance done here so you are good to get home. Can't be over 72 hours for you to get home
smile.png
I'll be riding the "Sunrise To Sunset" IBA ride next summer - ending up in La Push, WA before heading up to tackle the "Haul Rd 1000"
Gonna watch for your next tech day.

Thank you Bryan and Marissa, as always. I know how much work you two put into it, I can tell you it means a lot. The new stairs and ramp look great!!!

At Tech Day this year I learned that YYZ is the airport code for Toronto. Which obviously means I spoke to a Canuck who is still terribly embarrassed that Justin Bieber and Nickelback are also Canuckian and thus could not stop talking about Rush - the other of the three musical acts to come from Canada. OK, it also means I have never been to Toronto.

I also found a kindred spirit at Tech Day. Yes, another map geek not afraid of wiling away many hours (ok, maybe thousands) trying to create "The Perfect Route". Nice to meet you Garry, I have some good routes though, just sayin:

• 5 day eastern Oregon, Lolo, Hells Canyon, etc. (Kevin - you know this one rocks)
  • Circumnavigate the USA (staying as close to the border as possible, allowing for common sense)
  • Shortest route to touch the lower 48 (these has been stiff competition, but I have a good one)
  • Interstate 90 straight home when one of the brats kids has an ooopsie while your gone.
  • ...and now, a bad ass route from Maple Valley, WA to Devine, Texas (special thanks to Hotrodzilla for the New Mexico bit). Kicking this baby off in 4 and a wake up.

Outstanding to see everyone again, it has been too long. Kickstands up at 0800 Friday for those of you wanting to run the first leg with me down to John Day.

Thank you Bryan and Marissa, as always. I know how much work you two put into it, I can tell you it means a lot. The new stairs and ramp look great!!!
At Tech Day this year I learned that YYZ is the airport code for Toronto. Which obviously means I spoke to a Canuck who is still terribly embarrassed that Justin Bieber and Nickelback are also Canuckian and thus could not stop talking about Rush - the other of the three musical acts to come from Canada. OK, it also means I have never been to Toronto.

I also found a kindred spirit at Tech Day. Yes, another map geek not afraid of wiling away many hours (ok, maybe thousands) trying to create "The Perfect Route". Nice to meet you Garry, I have some good routes though, just sayin:

• 5 day eastern Oregon, Lolo, Hells Canyon, etc. (Kevin - you know this one rocks)
  • Circumnavigate the USA (staying as close to the border as possible, allowing for common sense)
  • Shortest route to touch the lower 48 (these has been stiff competition, but I have a good one)
  • Interstate 90 straight home when one of the brats kids has an ooopsie while your gone.
  • ...and now, a bad ass route from Maple Valley, WA to Devine, Texas (special thanks to Hotrodzilla for the New Mexico bit). Kicking this baby off in 4 and a wake up.

Outstanding to see everyone again, it has been too long. Kickstands up at 0800 Friday for those of you wanting to run the first leg with me down to John Day.
Teaser!