Audiovox electronic cruise control, not vacuum controlled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadianfjrowner

Reaction score
Yep. Been done. Not easy iirc. There are threads around here somewhere...........

You might try searching using Rostra.

I installed a Rostra electronic cruise on my '07 and it was a royal PITA to install. I never got it to work exactly right. The one you are looking at looks exactly like it. The VSS pulse on the FJR is to high for it to read, even on the highest setting. If you use a pulse divider I think it will work fine. I did not go this route. I just put a speed sensor on the wheel. It worked but not accurately. It would always "hunt" for the set speed and was very abrupt when engaging. I was not happy with it at all...

After I got a 2010 FJR I put the audiovox vacuum cruise on it and it works perfectly. I couldn't be happier with it. There is a whole lot more info on here

for the vacuum one. But there is a little for the electric you just have to look for it.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone installed an Audiovox ultracruise II electronic cruise control that is not controlled by vacuum. I was searching the forums and found nothing, but it looks to be a lot simpler to install. Looking for a reasonably priced CC for my AE. here is a link to what I'm thinking about on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Audiovox-Electronic-Cruise-Control-Kit-Rostra-Stalk-/120613708251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c152321db&vxp=mtr

A ton of us have the CCS vacuum cruise installed and it works perfectly. I had Smitty install mine and I'm glad I did. No problems with the vacuum model.....the only place I know of that stocks the vacuum model today is Murphs.

I really want to get cruise control on my bike. I take two long trips per year and it is killing my right wrist. What is the CCS vacuum cruise and how much does it cost? Thanks for your assist.

Has anyone installed an Audiovox ultracruise II electronic cruise control that is not controlled by vacuum. I was searching the forums and found nothing, but it looks to be a lot simpler to install. Looking for a reasonably priced CC for my AE. here is a link to what I'm thinking about on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/...52321db&vxp=mtr

A ton of us have the CCS vacuum cruise installed and it works perfectly. I had Smitty install mine and I'm glad I did. No problems with the vacuum model.....the only place I know of that stocks the vacuum model today is Murphs.