Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
62 this month. I have two of the FJR's daddies-bought an '86 FJ in '86 and have an '87 FJ also. I currently have an '08 FJR (had an '05). Just picked up an '02 Blackbird for the heck of it. You only live once!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I think this is the only forum I frequent that I'm NOT the oldest guy on the forum!

I'll be 55 in a couple of months, started riding when I was 15, and did it legally when I turned 16. My first bike was a Bridgestone 50.

I'm 50 I got my first minibike at 10 then to dirt bikes. At 16 I got a 72 RD350 a fast little motorcycle. Then a 650 special Honda silverwing and then a 1100 vstar. I had a guy pull across in front of me and T-boned him at 45 mph. I decided I wanted a bike with better brakes so that lead me to the FJR and have never looked back.

Will be 40 in three weeks. Have owned:

1981 400 maxim

1983 750 (v45) Magna

1984 GS 1150 EFE

1995 VMAX

2007 Versys

2006 FJR AEV!!!!

30 years in the making. This is my fifth bike. Took awhile to realize I wasn't much for cruisers. This bike is perfect for the super-slab commute and our longer trips. I came off a Triumph Bonneville which is now the wife's.

73 last February. Still kicking and riding. Savoring every minute of it. :clapping:

Hey, I can actually reply to this thread now that I'm officially an FJR owner. 29 years old. Never liked the crotch rockets, haven't really liked V-twins... as you can see from the previous bikes in my signature.

Hey, I can actually reply to this thread now that I'm officially an FJR owner. 29 years old. Never liked the crotch rockets, haven't really liked V-twins... as you can see from the previous bikes in my signature.
Where do you get the map in your sig?

I'm 33.

I've owned 2 cruisers before this bike (VStar 650, VStar 1300). Like a few other folks, I'm not into the cruiser culture and I have no desire to ride sportbikes.

Since I'm an FJR owner now (about a week) I can post.

I am 38 and have ridden bikes on and off for 14 years, but consistently for the last 6. Had a Ninja 250, Honda Nighthawk 750, Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, BMW R1150GS and now the FJR. Also ridden a rented Honda Deauville (NT650) for two weeks through the United Kingdom and Ireland during a vacation, and sometimes ride my girlfriend's BMW F650CS. Loving the FJR so far, and even more so now I've got the suspension dialed in just right for me.

Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.

gazza
You guys are just kids ... 62!

Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.

gazza
If you're not 70, your a runny nosed kid.

gazza
+1, Gunny for 62!!!

Whippersnappers!

Latest posts