Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I am 65, born January of 1946. This is only significant because it is the first year , first month of the baby boomer era. Lots of people like you behind me. I bought my FJR in 2006 after my last kid left college. I felt free again to resume the motor cycling of my younger before kids life. I am still a busy working guy so I don't get to take the adventurous trips some of you do but the FJR is not just for riding it is a symbol of being a human being. I am not a mechanic type but my FJR allows me to be a man and change oil, fix stuff, add farkles, I even removed all those covers to change the coolant( I will have the dealer do this next time). The FJR is more to me than a mode of transportation. It is a chance to not ask how old I am and to feel the vitality and youth we all deserve if we stay fit enough to ride and enjoy the freedom An FJR can bring . Stay alive out there. :live your dreams. Think what the new FJR 2021 will be like . I'll be in the market agian at age 76. That should really screw up the averages.

Scott

I'm 33, but I don't think the average age of FJR owners was a concern to me. I hear a lot that I bought a grandpa bike, but this bike works for me, commuting, touring and a non bitchy wife on the back without a sour arse.

Last edited by a moderator:
48 here and no grandpa! At least yet. Bought the FJR today. 300 Bikes to choose from and always ended back in the corner where the FJR was sitting. 1st thing I said to my self …..

That’s a lot of bike! 2 days and a lowering kit to go and my experienced 48 year’s old but will be riding in style!

:yahoo:

I'm 49. Began riding on friends dirt bikes. My brother bought a 1978 Kawi 440 LTD belt drive that he let me ride. I had bought a used 1974 Suzuki 250 dirt bike. My first street bike was a 1979 KZ1000 MK II, sold it before the getting married and used it for to put a down payment on a house. Then 26 yrs flies by with my beautiful wife and having raised our kids I got back into riding on my 2003 Honda Silver Wing. Purchased the FJR in late March and it has been a blast, look forward to riding every day!

Well I fit right in the middle... 45. When I was selling Yamahas, this average seemed to make sense as well.

JJMadco

69, did 2900 miles in May, attended the southern meeting in Red River NM. TWT meet at Clarksville AR is next on the agenda.

06FJRAE

Just turned 67. Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...(Rode 400 miles yesterday) :dribble:

I can't find the formula for average age. If I divide 61 by 61 I get 1. That can't be right. :to_become_senile:
Add all the ages together, then divide by the number of ages.

On this page (I'm not trawling through the lot and I'm ignoring the repeat post on this page):

23+33+42+48+49+45+68+70+69+67=514

514 / 10 = 51.4

Hope that helps.

Makes me look very old
sad.gif

66 and on the road every chance I get including commuting to work. Can't believe how effortless it is run 300 - 400 miles with a stop for lunch or a picnic and still get home in time to clean up and inspect the bike and then myself. Mostly just checking for more gray hair.

Dennis

I can't find the formula for average age. If I divide 61 by 61 I get 1. That can't be right. :to_become_senile:
I thought the Mecklenburg County schools were better than that! Dividing a number by itself will always equal 1.

I'm 44, but I act like I'm 12. Does that help lower the average? Is anyone keeping track? Is there a statistician in the house?

50, been riding for most of those years, took some time off when the kid was little, was worried she would fall asleep and fall off. Brand new FJR, must be a mid-life crisis.

Here is the corect formula...

Population Mean μ = X. ∑. N. Population Weighted Mean. µ = N1µ1 + N2µ2 + ...Njµj. N1 + N2 + :blink:

My birth certificate says 51, but according to the wife more like 21. I blame that on no kids.. :)

What the hell, you only grow old once, but you can be immature forever ..