Avon's Customer Service #1!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRFJR

Reaction score
To all, Just a short note about my tire situation-- if you go back to the thread under FJR Regional meets, then to EOM and look up the thread "Well, How's it going?" you can read my post and all about my tire situation -- but to make a long story short -- I've contacted Avon about the tire this morning via email and recieved a phone call from them right after lunch-- I ruined my new rear avon tire with 300 miles on it when I ran over something on the way to the EOM last friday and had to replace it. The guy from Avon, before calling me had already contacted the shop that I purchased the replacement tire and got the information from the tire that he needed and had the shop ship the tire to Avon, after getting this info he called me and told me that Avon would be shipping me a new tire - he was calling me to find out where to ship it to -- You can't ask for any better customer service than that!!!! Guess what brand of tire I will be running for now on? Just thought I'd pass this information out there for you guys that are ready to purchase new tires, I don't think another tire manufacturer out there provides this kind of warranty on their products -- once again - thanks AVON !!!

Mike Russell

'04 FJR

Augusta, Ga

Good News. Lots of people like the Avons and there have been reports similar to yours on their customer service. I know Liquidsilver thinks they provide the best mileage.

He replaced his Avons with Pirelli Stradas which he wore out this weekend after 1900 miles. So I'm sure he won't go with Pirelli.

Their customer service is great . My wife bought some bubble bath and some skin care products . She did not like the smell of the bubble bath and her rep was out the same day delivering her a different smelling bubble bath , no questions asked.

She does all her shopping at Avon. Would highly recommend.

I had two weeks on a new set of Avons. Suffered a puncture of the rear tire.....plugged it and was able to get to the dealer who had sold me the tire. Avon replaced the punctured tire free of charge. There are not many manufacturers around that take care of their customers as well as Avon.

A friend of mine has Avons. With 4,000 miles on the tires he got a puncture from a nail . They replaced his rear tire free of charge. True story.

I have noticed the limey rubber smells really really good on burn-outs!!!! I've also had the pleasure of dealing with their wonderful customer service and concur wholeheartedly with the Radster and Mamba man. Too bad I havent found anybody as committed to mounting them. Oh well, one must be grateful for what ya have !!!! :D

Bobby

Avon is owned by Cooper. Cooper is in Ohio. As in Ohio, US of effing A. Yeah, the 'Vons may still be made in Jolly Ole, but the buck stops here! (Someone go check the country of mfr code and report back...)

Sigh, still seeking a life... :blink:

Avon is owned by Cooper. Cooper is in Ohio. As in Ohio, US of effing A. Yeah, the 'Vons may still be made in Jolly Ole, but the buck stops here! (Someone go check the country of mfr code and report back...)

Sigh, still seeking a life... :blink:
Sure about that?

I thought Cooper was just the U.S distributor for Avon Tire. In fact, when I get a spare moment, I'll add my own story of great customer service, but what I will say right now, is that whenever I have called, its been a Washington location. And they are always very helpful.

Azarros are most definitely made in jolly ol E.

TWN - seek harder my friend.

:bleh:

I had a similar experience. With my first set of Avons, I got a screw in the rear tire after just 50 miles. I didn't know about the warranty then, so I plugged it and rode it for about 3,000 miles before replacing it with a new one. I went a whole 16 miles before I got a nail in the next one. I checked the Avon website and found that they have a road hazzard warranty for the first 1.4mm of the tires life. I called and talked to a guy named Pat. The service was excellent. They shipped a tire to the dealship of my choice and I had it mounted. I had to pay a little extra for the shipping to get it here faster because I was leaving on a trip from Texas to Canada in four days. I like the Avons handling and the service. Now if I could just figure out how to get 10,000 miles+ on the rear like some of you guys are claiming.

GP :huh:

That is very good info about avon tires. When I got my or in may got a nail at 1k they were metz tires. No warranty cost me the price of a new tire. I like the metz but will switch when renewing I like the way they do business. :clap:

I have been contemplating Avons for replacement. You guys have sealed the choice for me, thanks for the info! B)

Got a set of Avons sitting in the garage waiting for the stones to give out... should be any day now...

I'm ready for a new set of treads, but I don't know about those Avons. They seem to be puncture magnets..... Are they magnetic?? :(

If there seems twice as many punctures with the Avons....perhaps it's because three times as many FJR owners use them? Triple the tries and double the punctures means they puncture less than other tires on average.

My point?

I can't possibly think Avons puncture significantly more or less than other tires. No way can you tell that from anecdotes here.

They're a great tire!

Plus, nobody is yelling to the sky about their Michelin, Metz, Bridgestone punctures, cause they aint getting new ones for free!

OK OK.... just kidding.

Also too ... I'm a bit lazy. Would someone post the right Avon tire IDs for the FJR?

Latest posts