Avon's Customer Service #1!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the FJRGoodies site and they have all the recomended FJR tires and sizes.
Rogue, what about the front end wobble you were getting early on with the Avon? I had it too. I increased pressure from 36 to 40 and it seems to have solved the issue....did you find anything that worked for you?

Rogue, what about the front end wobble you were getting early on with the Avon? I had it too. I increased pressure from 36 to 40 and it seems to have solved the issue....did you find anything that worked for you?
After a few hundred miles it is a lot less.

After a few hundred miles it is a lot less.
Mine only wobbles when i have the trunk on and on decel from fifty

Their customer service is great . My wife bought some bubble bath and some skin care products . She did not like the smell of the bubble bath and her rep was out the same day delivering her a different smelling bubble bath , no questions asked.She does all her shopping at Avon. Would highly recommend.
But how does she like the scent of the tires (tyres?)? ;)

Well, I've heard all the good things about AVON's.....ie. guys getting 10,000 miles and more from a rear tire.

So I bought a set from Southwest Moto Tires...and mounted the rear 4000 miles ago....well my wear indicators are already showing.....I can't believe it....

No Smokey burnouts, just a few hard (Um allot of hard accelerations) and a few (Um a lot of one and two gear wheelies)....but come on even my stock Metzeler got 6000 miles out of it.

Anyone have the CS # for AVON.

Thanks

I know Liquidsilver thinks they provide the best mileage.He replaced his Avons with Pirelli Stradas which he wore out this weekend after 1900 miles. So I'm sure he won't go with Pirelli.
My Stradas have 2000+ miles so far, with no visible wear.

I found out that AVON has a 1.4 mm wear replacement policy that they enforced on a flatted rear tire. I was about a fourth of the way through a 2000 mile trip when the rear tire flatted. (I had it plugged and continued on my merry way.) It was inconvenient if almost not impossible to contact AVON regarding their replacement policy so I waited till I was on home base.......too late.....1.4 mm is their policy and they would not replace it. I am stil riding on the plugged tire w/o any problems................so far.

Thanks for the info. My stock Metz' rear tire with 4600 miles is due for replacement. I'll be ordering Avon's tomorrow.